Ok, so I'm starting electric guitar (Point and laugh at the new guy!), and I am going to get a package, and I don't want an awesome guitar that costs a lot and then I find out I don't like playing. I have found a guitar package that is cheap, and comes with literally everything. Now it looks like the perfect start but is it? Can you rate this PACKAGE for me, and tell me if the guitar is a decent cheap one to start off with.
I don't care if "its the worst guitar you've ever seen" because your probably a pro guitarist, but could you just please tell me whether it is a good cheap one to start with? Oh, and is the bass a decent cheap one to start on?

Sorry if i'm being repetitive, its just I would like to know...lol.

http://www.guitars.co.uk/acatalog/NEW_-_Sub__100_Package.html

EDIT: I just want to say please DO NOT offer any other guitar package that you think is better, I just want advice on this one.
Last edited by NKF176 at Jul 10, 2008,
u want us to rate ur package? lol erm yeh i cant see anything wrong with it. by the sounds of it, it looks like exactly what you are looking for
You'd be better off with a Squier or Ibanez starter pack

or even better get a used Squier Strat and a 15W Cube or something
It'll get the job done, anything will.

Also, dont be to hard on yourself. No one here is going to make fun of you, if they are I'm sure someone will say something, for the most part everyone here is mature.
Check out the reveiw section on this site about the guitar it was pretty bad but check out your self before you make a decision.
Quote by smb
You'd be better off with a Squier or Ibanez starter pack

or even better get a used Squier Strat and a 15W Cube or something

Hey, he specifically asked not to be offered better alternatives. You're not helping.
Ok, I've read them, but surely the tuning problems could be sorted out as it comes with a tuner?
But remenber you play what you pay in the music world so it cheap and alright guitar for abeginer. But don't go thinking your going to play some gigs with it cause it just won't hold up
Lol, I probably wouldn't play live for about a year or two with my musical knowledge.
That one is pretty poor. Even for a starter set, it has a crap anp and crap guitar.
Go on ebay, and search squier. You can find a starter set for about £140. I have one, it's pretty good. Much better than that one. Thats coming from a n00b, not a pre guitarist. Been playing since april.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
ive got 2 mates with that encore guitar, and tbh, they didnt seem so good

one had the neck snap off
and the other's gone rusty

so my advice has to be, if you're seriously interested in playing guitar, you'll probably be better off forking out that little extra cash and getting something a bit better
Quote by Joeval
go on ebay, and search squier. You can find a starter set for about £140. I have one, it's pretty good.

well you can pick one up new for £150

also, if you get a squier set, try and avoid the one's with the "SP10" amp
i got this type of set, and had to buy a new amp asap as the sp10 it was terrible

i think some squier sets have fender frontman amps, so thatll be be better i'd assume
Most starter packs are much of a muchness, but the amp in that particular pack you've linked to is hellishly bad.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by NKF176
EDIT: I just want to say please DO NOT offer any other guitar package that you think is better, I just want advice on this one.

It's very hard to rate something without at least comparing it to something else.

Actually it's kind of impossible if someone is going to comment on the price of it.

Someone could comment on the quality of the product. But the actual value of the package is entirely dependant on supply and demand. So if your package is little and cost a lot, it will be worthless compared to my package which is very large and widely distributed.

_________

_________

Patrick
4jacks
email
Personally, I would not spend money on that garbage.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by adr11iano
well you can pick one up new for £150

also, if you get a squier set, try and avoid the one's with the "SP10" amp
i got this type of set, and had to buy a new amp asap as the sp10 it was terrible

i think some squier sets have fender frontman amps, so thatll be be better i'd assume

Yeah, SP-10 is crap! Guess what I play...
Some have the frontman, it is a bit more expensive but it is probably worth it.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by NKF176
Ok, I've read them, but surely the tuning problems could be sorted out as it comes with a tuner?

Some guitars can't be tuned. They just have bad intonation. Sometimes this can be fixed with a fairly simple adjustment. Other times it can't be. I bought my first guitar in a shop, but I didn't really know much about guitars at the time. It had really terrible intonation, and it was incredibly frustrating, particularly since I just thought I couldn't tune it right for a long time. It also had messed up action that couldn't be easily fixed. I eventually had the nut lowered, and some other work done to it. The nut was a good 3/4" inch too high on it, straight from the factory. That helped, but was expensive, and even after that it never did quite play right.

I won't offer you advice on a better pack, but I will offer you this advice: it's a real crapshoot buying a guitar you haven't played- I mean the actual guitar, not just the brand or model. Some guitars are just lemons. The best thing you could do is find someone who knows guitars pretty well and have them help you find an instrument by trying a lot of them out.