For an amp I would get the Fender blues junior, for a guitar an Epiphone Les Paul standard and I would get a Tubescreamer for a boost if playing rock.
Les paul. Really? i was think more of a paul reed smith or tele hmmm il look into that thanks
Do you mean an SE PRS or the american ones? I was posting what you could get with a fairly small budget.
Get yourself an amp with some nice reverb sound, Strats are probably better for Reggae sounds but I get a decent Reggae sound out of my SG through my Marshall with some reverb and a clean sound.
Bob Marley and Peter Tosh both used Gibson LP's / Juniors. It's more in the sound of the amp.

Regards
Delboy.
Last edited by Delboyuk_01 at Jul 10, 2008,
For reggae you'd probaly either want a Strat or a tele, in my opinion a strat has a more reggae-ish sound whereas the telecaster is more twangy, but that's just me.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
You will need an echo pedal as well. Maybe a Boss or Electro Harmonix, I here they are good. Although I forget the name...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Reggae can be played on just about any guitar and amp combination, it's more about how you play than what you play.

Effects however should include Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Flanger, Phaser and an EQ.
Quote by greggybhoy
Reggae can be played on just about any guitar and amp combination, it's more about how you play than what you play.

Effects however should include Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Flanger, Phaser and an EQ.

+1

If you play upstroked muted barre chords on the off-beat you'll sound reggae even if you're playing a Moser V through an ENGL Powerball.

It's all in the technique, although strats work really well for reggae and fender-type amps sound good.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Reggae is mostly about how you play, less about what you play it on.

That said, a fender amp will help, and really whatever guitar you feel most comfortable playing.

Effects should include chorus, reverb, maybe a phaser, and DEFINETLY a good wah, maybe a Vox wah, or a Dunlop 535q wah.

Get REALLY comfortable with riding upbeats.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Guitar: A regular LP would be OK, but not ideal. A Strat or Tele would work well, but a Les Paul Special or some other LP with P-90s would also be good. Are you playing lead or rhythm?

Amp: Something with exceptional cleans. Probably something Fendery.

Effects: Analog delay/tape echo, phaser, and wah. Maybe chorus or flanger. You could find a use for most any effect, really. Other people are suggesting reverb, but it seems reverb is added to all instruments in reggae, not just the guitar. I think you would be better off just using that in the studio.