Hey Everyone, im going to get a new electric soon, at the moment i have a Guvnor guitar, and I want to get a better one, my price range is from £130 to around £180.
If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know!
Thanks.
Tim.
Quote by factor67
dude, yamaha pacifica

theey're great versatile begginers guitars

Im not a beginner, i've been playing for five years lol
Ive been starting to think about Corts, The man at my local shop says that all non-japanese Ibanez's are made by them, and that all Fender Acoustics are made by them.
So i think they're pretty good.
They use EMGS and Seymour Duncouns aswell.
cort make for a lot of people. that doesn't necessarily mean they're any good, though, it just means they make for a lot of people.

how good is that guvnor? the big problem is that at your budget you might not get anything much better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TimBFMV
Im not a beginner, i've been playing for five years lol

If you've been playing 5 years, you'd be better off saving up more before buying a new guitar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
cort make for a lot of people. that doesn't necessarily mean they're any good, though, it just means they make for a lot of people.

how good is that guvnor? the big problem is that at your budget you might not get anything much better.

The Guvnors not that great to be honest, Corts are probably a bit better.
Quote by -Blue-
how is a squier better than anything...?

I'd say save up a little more and get a Epiphone G-400.

No. Just no.

If you get an Epi SG, get a G-310. It may not have the fancy covered pups or the '61 pickguard, or fancy inlays, but it stays in tune much better. The G-400 can go out of tune from being moved to another room.

And yes, I've played both. I've actauly played a '61 reissue SG and my G-310 Epi and I like my Epi much more. The G-310 is a very well-build guitar, so I'd say go with that.

Or the Ibanez
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
yamaha pacifica 112v recommended by so many people, including a luthier i know.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by TimBFMV
The Guvnors not that great to be honest, Corts are probably a bit better.

i guess... just are they enough better to justify the purchase?

i mean, save another £60 and that'd get you a washburn wi65pro from machinehead. That's what I'd personally do.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i guess... just are they enough better to justify the purchase?

i mean, save another £60 and that'd get you a washburn wi65pro from machinehead. That's what I'd personally do.

how is that guitar? I seems really cheap for what it is, is that reflected in build quality at all?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
well, assuming it's the same or similar to the ones I've tried, it's easily worth £400, considering what you get from ESP/LTD, schecter etc. for the same price. From what I hear, they're so cheap because they've been discontinued and Machinehead bought a load of NOS/unsold ones (presumably from the distributor which was looking rid of them?) for cheap. Would be worth emailing machinehead to get it from the horse's mouth though, and to make sure they aren't seconds or something like that.

i guess, if i needed a dual-humbucker mahogany guitar on the cheap, I'd probably have one by now (i don't as i already have a couple of dual humbucker guitars, lol).

EDIT: don't get me wrong, it'll not compare to, say, a suhr or huber, but it's (as i said, based on the ones I've tried) a very solid intermediate (maybe even verging into the lower end of pro) guitar, at a very, very good price (considering we get ripped off over here on a lot of stuff). I mean, it's a big step up from a yamaha pacifica 112, ibanez rg321 and other similar beginner guitars (and those are good beginner guitars).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 12, 2008,
Try this there pretty good for the money, they look and play good and have EMG81/85's
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-G400-with-EMG-8185?sku=519397
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
he's in the UK.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, the farthest Guitar Center will ship it is Canada. But not even to Quebec. They must not like French Canadian or English people. XD
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50