Page 1 of 7
This may have been done before so let me know if it has or whatever, I'd prefer to not get banned.

So uhh...title says it all.

My answer is synyster gates of avenged sevenfold

What are your answers?

EDIT: Still counts if they started in the 90s and have made music in 2000s, or even 80s for that matter, which some are.
Quote by Dardarian
Go to your doktor. UG can't give proper medical advice.

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
Last edited by guiatarist59 at Jul 10, 2008,
The guy from Killswitch Engage is pretty good? I don't know.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"

I'll tell you right now, it isn't Synister Gates...
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
I second Matt Bellamy. Not for technical skill, but ingenuity and creativity. Metalcore is getting kind of sad when it comes to guitar... EVERY SINGLE SONG'S INTRO is now a standard melodic run followed by chugging and little melodic transitions, and they all sound the same.

But nooo, Mr. B is too cool for that.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
John Petrucci.

It doesn't even matter that he didn't debut this millennium. He could time warp back and change the release date of When Dream and Day Unite to January 1st, 2000.

That's how awesome he is.
Quote by deathforyouth

=P thats my opinion so
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
HERMAN LI!!!

nah im just kidding,

i dunno, nobodys really impressed me so far
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
at TS.

New millenium, Trivium guys.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
BB King?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
not matt bellamy, muse have been going since early 90's.

i agree with thomas erak.

edit. damn you, for editing first post.
Some of the guys on youtube like Cesar Huesca and Mattrach are pretty sick, probably more talented than a lot of the musicians you see in the big leagues.
Quote by deathforyouth

+1

Jeff Loomis
Welcome To The End My Friend, The Sky Has Opened
Quote by InvaderTSN
I think he's poking fun at the fact you spelled his name wrong.

>_< thought it looked wrong lol
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Mark Tremonti
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Matt Bellamy and Synyster Gates both suck as much as each other.

Gustavo Guerra is pretty awesome, as well as the guys from KSE. Michael Amott is pretty damn good too.
Quote by guiatarist59

EDIT: Still counts if they started in the 90s and have made music in 2000s, or even 80s for that matter, which some are.

Eddie Van Halen then.
Justin Broadrick, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Lindgren, Steven Wilson, Devin Townsend, Dave Knudson, Adam McGrath, Luke Hoskin, Tim Millar, Munaf Rayani, Mark Smith, Sel Balamir, Brent Hinds, Bill Kelliher, Jónsi Birgisson, John Baizley, Brian Blickle, Kurt Ballou, Aaron Dalbec, John Butler, Kaki King, Matt Bellamy, Albert Hammond, Jr., Philip Jamieson, Joey Eppard, Billy Riker, Joe Duplantier, etc.

I could go on and on. 2000s ftw. Best decade in music in the past 100 years, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
My vote is for Jack White, he's by far the best LIVE guitarist I've seen of the new millineum and he's got pretty good guitar riffs on the albums (White Stripes or Raconteurs)
My Music:
Solo project: myspace.com/dermy3blkaht
Full band (iRockit): myspace.com/nj136
Im gonna have to go ahead and vote for Matthew Bellamy
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Steven Vai...
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by eadgtotheend
My vote is for Jack White, he's by far the best LIVE guitarist I've seen of the new millineum and he's got pretty good guitar riffs on the albums (White Stripes or Raconteurs)

Jack White was my second choice....maybe I should of written him rather then syn on first post
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Quote by fallenangel20
I could go on and on. 2000s ftw. Best decade in music in the past 100 years, IMO.

Finally someone who thinks the same as me.
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Last edited by guiatarist59 at Jul 10, 2008,
Quote by InvaderTSN

My vote goes to Muhammed Suiçmez.

I'll have to agree with this one. Though I'm sure some might have something to say and I might be forgetting someone this is the only one that comes to mind right now.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by guiatarist59
Finally someone who thinks the same as me.

....Sarcasm, or truth?

Just asking. Not offense or anything.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Thomas Erak.

I think we have a winner.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by fallenangel20
....Sarcasm, or truth?

Just asking. Not offense or anything.

truth...Everyone says its either the 80s or 90s and that the 2000s sucks in music
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Matt. B for his creativity is in the running. And if noones mentioned it, Paul Waggoner (BTBAM) is pretty good also.
Quote by NintendoDS
Matt. B for his creativity is in the running. And if noones mentioned it, Paul Waggoner (BTBAM) is pretty good also.

I mentioned him one post before you.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Quote by cobain_is_king
New Millenium, Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu.

Pfft! Jeff Loomis, Adam D, Chris Broderick, the guy from Necrophagist and Bill Kelliher all own those two.
ME!

but in all honesty, we're barely 8 years into the new millenium. I'm sure there are guitarists that will be born within the next 992 years that will smoke ALL previous guitarists asses for breakfast.