Hey guys if I put a multi effects pedal before my tube screamer pedal. Will the tube screamer clean up that digital sound and make it more like an analog effects ie:

multi effect pedal > tube screamer > crate 1512. The effects I'm most interested in is the flanger/chorus combination, but i do not want to lose the tone of the amp.

I read a thread in the search about multi effects and tube amps, but no one mention using multi effects before the screamer. I'm new to this and not quite sure how effect chain works.
i read the line 6 users putting a tube screamer or bad monkey in front of their pods.
Does your amp have an effects loop? If so, I'd put the multifx in there...

It would make more sense as the effects that you're interested in are modulation effects anyways, and should go after the preamp and any dirt effects anyways...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
Does your amp have an effects loop? If so, I'd put the multifx in there...

It would make more sense as the effects that you're interested in are modulation effects anyways, and should go after the preamp and any dirt effects anyways...

no effects loop. just an input. my understanding of this amp is everything would be before the preamp.
In that case, give it a go...

In my experience, multifx units haven't worked that great with stomp boxes though...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
In that case, give it a go...

In my experience, multifx units haven't worked that great with stomp boxes though...

So i would be better of with a dedicated chorus and flanger pedal then. How would i use them if i wanted to get YES"S Starship Trooper sound where the flanger and chorus are working together.
Quote by chris6666
So i would be better of with a dedicated chorus and flanger pedal then. How would i use them if i wanted to get YES"S Starship Trooper sound where the flanger and chorus are working together.

Have a look at one of these:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=2443

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=74345

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music