I haven't been playing guitar for a long time.. Today when I was trying to tune my guitar, a string broke.. I said well ok I haven't change the string since i bought the guitar maybe it got old... I read a tutorial on how to change the a string, and did it almost completly... when i was tuning the string i just changed, it broke again i felt REALLY stupid!! lol damn!! I have no back-up, so i gotta go buy a new set of strings...
You bought some cheap china-made rip off string didn't you? yeah, it happened to me once before.
You must be tuning the string well past its intended pitch. Either that or you have a burr on the saddle or something. Are you using a tuner? Even though your strings might be in tune relative to each other, you may be off relative to E standard or whatever tuning you're using.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall 8100 "Valvestate" Head
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Please check out my guitar cover videos on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/killrbuckeye
Check that there are no sharp spots on the bridge, machine head or string tree (if it has one). If you find one, take a very light grit sandpaper and LIGHTLY sand out the sharp spot
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
It happens, even if the string is far from being too tense, happened to me twice so far in 3 years of playing. Both times on my cheap acoustic, probably has something to do with it I guess...
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by Dhari
I haven't been playing guitar for a long time.. Today when I was trying to tune my guitar, a string broke.. I said well ok I haven't change the string since i bought the guitar maybe it got old... I read a tutorial on how to change the a string, and did it almost completly... when i was tuning the string i just changed, it broke again i felt REALLY stupid!! lol damn!! I have no back-up, so i gotta go buy a new set of strings...

actually i think the dumest think is that you claim to have been playing for a long time, but you had no idea how to change a string
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
actually i think the dumest think is that you claim to have been playing for a long time, but you had no idea how to change a string

Actually the dumbest thing is that you didn't read his post properly.
Quote by Steel8909
Actually the dumbest thing is that you didn't read his post properly.

actually the dumbest thing is that you had to call me on that

TS: my aplogies i misread your post
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I wired my input jack wrong and my pedal tuner was acting crazy and I couldn't get a good read out.

I sat down at my computer to double check the diagram and I hear, ping, ping, ping - e, B, G.

this was last week and I was so freak'in pissed.
SRV R.I.P.