So, me and my friend are looking for new amps ("real" amps). Right now I have a Spider III 15w and he has a Peavy with 10w. So we were checking out the amps at our local music store and then we came across these Vox amps. At first we were like: "Vox? Hmm?" until we tried them out and we though that they sounded really cool! We are now probably gonna get a 30 or 50 watt Vox amp but we arn't totally sure yet.
The sales guy also said that you can skip buying some effects because it has built in wah and some other stuff.

buy it, y/n?
What's your budget? They are really good amps. There are better out there but at the price they're hard to beat
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
He's got like 700€ for an amp and a guitar (I think he wants to stay under 250€ for the amp, which is just the price for the 30 watt model) and I'm waiting 'till x-mas anyhow so I have about 400€ for the amp.
Well in that case i would recommend the Vox or possibly a Roland Cube, either wasy you'll be happy
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
But I love the wah so much

Does the Cube have that too?

No the cube doesn't have the wah. SO really the Vox is probably the best for you. It's a god amp, very versatile and you seem to like it so i say go for it!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
So, me and my friend are looking for new amps ("real" amps). Right now I have a Spider III 15w and he has a Peavy with 10w. So we were checking out the amps at our local music store and then we came across these Vox amps. At first we were like: "Vox? Hmm?" until we tried them out and we though that they sounded really cool! We are now probably gonna get a 30 or 50 watt Vox amp but we arn't totally sure yet.
The sales guy also said that you can skip buying some effects because it has built in wah and some other stuff.

buy it, y/n?

Get it yes.
But it isn't a "real" amp.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by TheProducer
Yeah...what exactly is a 'real' amp by your definition TS?

I guessed a tube amp, but he could have meant a professional quality amp, or a gigable amp, and the vox is only one of these.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
I guessed a tube amp, but he could have meant a professional quality amp, or a gigable amp, and the vox is only one of these.

Ooo, it's a riddle!
Quote by TheProducer
Ooo, it's a riddle!

I'm no good at riddles!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
I'll solve the riddle for you people:

my amp isn't very impressive and isn't suited for effects and stuff and if I join band, (even if it takes a couple years) I want to be ready for everything :P.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I'll solve the riddle for you people:

my amp isn't very impressive and isn't suited for effects and stuff and if I join band, (even if it takes a couple years) I want to be ready for everything :P.

The Vox isn't suited for effect (pedals). Amps with built-in effects are not really... sutiable or good (there exceptions with higher priced ones).

I hear the Vox is good, although you will upgrade one day, and hear a nicer sound.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I likes it

It's pretty limited though.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't buy it for that feature alone.
i wouldnt say the vox is limited, the onboard effects are all right but down the road youll wanna get some others.
It takes modulation pedals well as well as delays, very nice and organic.
If your ganna be using overdrives your ganna wana put them in the clean channels or use them on the dirties to beff them up a bit.
I like using my DOD juice box on the dirty channels with the gain all the way down on the JB, and i bring the pulp(bass) up to give it more of a tube sound.
Quote by TheKaiser77
i wouldnt say the vox is limited, the onboard effects are all right but down the road youll wanna get some others.
It takes modulation pedals well as well as delays, very nice and organic.
If your ganna be using overdrives your ganna wana put them in the clean channels or use them on the dirties to beff them up a bit.
I like using my DOD juice box on the dirty channels with the gain all the way down on the JB, and i bring the pulp(bass) up to give it more of a tube sound.

Sorry, we were talking about the Auto-wah specifically.
^^He was refering to the auto-wah being limited.

Edit:beaten

The ADVT series are good amps, but you could possibly do better. If you do need effects and pretty good tone I would look at a used Line 6 Flextone. Yes, Line 6 gets tons of bashing from bandwagoning kids about the SPider series, but the Flextone amps are actually really nice. I see used ones for around $350 all the time so that would be within your price range I would imagine. Try both of them out and I bet you will like the Flextone better, although the Voxes are nice moddelers too.
^yah the flextones are better than the regular valvetronix line.
I say get that they go used for like 300, definately get a flextone if your looking at valvetronix. And like this guy said most of the bashing line 6 gets is from Spiders, but there other stuff is really good.
Quote by Simsimius
The Vox isn't suited for effect (pedals). Amps with built-in effects are not really... sutiable or good (there exceptions with higher priced ones).

I hear the Vox is good, although you will upgrade one day, and hear a nicer sound.

Not totally true there. The Valvetronix series do work good with effects. Some better than others though.
Hell, I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer (Rack mount) and it works better through my AD amps than it does through my AC30.
Personally though, the only built in effect I really make use of is the reverb (I have 2, an AD30VT and AD50VT, as a well as an AC30CCH).

The AD series amps are made primarily as practice amps, buy you can gig with them.
I've gigged with the AD30 before, but I did have to hook up my 2x12 cabinet (which required a simple modification to the amp since it doesn't have a speaker out jack)

BUY an AC30!!! NOW
Best amp I ave ever owned. And I've been playing since they 80's and have owned numerous amps.