What up, I've recently been slowly learning Drifting by Andy McKee and I have like the candyrat label for quite some time and artists such as Justin King, Trace Bundy etc...so I was wondering if you guys knew any good songs in this tuning no matter how simple or complex.

Other than by the artists I just mentioned haha
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Going to california by led zeppelin as well.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Watch Over You - Alter Bridge
In Loving Memory - Alter Bridge

If they aren't that EXACT tuning, they're something extremely close, I can't remember exactly.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
I can't really help with song recommendations, but I will recommend that you tune the G down to F#. Then you have Open D which is very fun to noodle around with.

Or you could tune the G down to F, which is then Open D minor. Also fun, but darker sounding.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
" Daylight again "Crosby Stills and Nash
********May Truth and Good Music Prevail!********
Watch Over You - Alter Bridge
In Loving Memory - Alter Bridge

If they aren't that EXACT tuning, they're something extremely close, I can't remember exactly.

To my knowledge, Watch Over You is in Open G and In Loving Memory is tuned down a semitone from that.
Shine of Silver Thaw - Masaaki Kishibe

Quote by slidething31
I can't really help with song recommendations, but I will recommend that you tune the G down to F#. Then you have Open D which is very fun to noodle around with.

Or you could tune the G down to F, which is then Open D minor. Also fun, but darker sounding.

do that and learn Hana - Masaaki Kishibe
Alright guys thanks alot, i'll try out these songs, and try to screw around with some other tunings as well.
White Summer -Led Zeppelin
Black Mountain Side- Led Zeppelin

**Going to California is in double drop-D(DADGBD), not DADGAD.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes by CSN&Y. Wild tuning Stills did on that one. Check this out:

E = E
A drop to E
D raise to E
G drop to E
B = B
e = e

Keep the one's marked = where they are as in standard tuning. Chords are barred all the way across all 6 strings, and only one finger needed for those, or by using fingers 1 and 2 on the B and high e strings. And yes, it rings ALOT! Check out the tab in UG.
Sorry it's not in the tuning you are asking about, but it's still fun to strum away on.
Last edited by LeftyDave at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by slidething31

If you only take it down to F# you can easily learn Jigsaw Falling Into Place by Radiohead (I guess you could do it with G too though) and that is one sweet song.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by theacousticpunk
White Summer -Led Zeppelin
Black Mountain Side- Led Zeppelin

**Going to California is in double drop-D(DADGBD), not DADGAD.

Going to California is DGDGBD, not DADGBD.
Last edited by drummerofgod89 at Jul 12, 2008,
Most Irish Trad is in DADGAD as are alot've eric roche's pieces/arrangements.
I heard Eric Roche tunes to that. He played in that percussive Justin King style so you might wanna check his stuff out.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by tom183
^--Are you sure? I thought it was in DADGBD also.

Yeah I'm pretty sure. I play an entire version in open G. You would have to do additional fretting if you wanted to make the DADGBD tuning work. For all of the lines that contain the same riff that is played during the (for example) "spent my days with a woman unkind, smoked my stuff and drank...", you don't have to fret the 5th fret of the bottom string, you can just play the 5th string open and alternate between that and the 4th string for the bassline. And there's no part in the song where I had to substitute a bassnote another one because of the DGDGBD tuning either.
Pierre Bensusan! He has a myriad of songs in DADGAD,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PpMg2IypX8

You should also check out Ragamuffin by Michael Hedges.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTO4y5Mo8rk&feature=related
Great tune.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Last edited by highwaysalmon at Apr 24, 2009,
Bobcaygeon - The Tragically Hip
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...