I have been into Audioslave and RATM for a while, but with my Mark IV, I can't seem to get the best TOm Morello tone. I can get close with some tone I originally set, but I know with some tweaking, it can be spot on. I was just wondering about if anyone had any suggestions. I know he uses a Marshall JCM 800 with a Pevey 4x12.

Also, what kind of guitar exactly is his Arm the Homeless guitar. I think it's an old Kramer Pacer with EMG's, Ibanez Edge Tremolo, and other mods. I'm just no positive on that. Thanks for any help.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
umm go to game stop and buy guitar hero 3 and play it and give up on guitar
or try to be original and get your own tone.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by theocao
umm go to game stop and buy guitar hero 3 and play it and give up on guitar
or try to be original and get your own tone.

Go back to the pit please. I was actually interested in hearing a decent answer to this. Also, everything you play has been done before. Get over yourself. /reported

To the thread starter, try posting a video or an audio clip. I don't know where to start answering your question, but this may help those who do decipher exactly what's lacking in your tone.
tom morello isn't praised for his tone but his approach of playing the guitar.
im a big tom morello fan but his tone isn't that great imo.

and please look things up yourself before asking
two seconds on google http://penguinguitars.tripod.com/RATM/
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Yeah Tom Morello doesn't fuss with tone alot. Basically, just grab a gibson les paul, push the gain really high, and play around with the killswitch. Also, try sliding your hand around the strings instead of picking them for his dj scratching sounds.