http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/cms/?pid=1000364

I can't find anything I deem useful. Other than going really fast. But I'm not going really fast. SO its not useful.

Can anyone explain to me what this actually does? I've looked other places but am still unsure.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Give me lulz because I always read it as "Large Hard on collider"
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by denizenz
Walmart's fantastic you fascist. Get that shit out of your sig.

I thought it was interesting. Get over it,

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

There's been plenty of threads about this already. It has the possibility to get the proof for higgs boson... I don't really know a lot about the whole thing so I won't say more. Check out wiki for higgs boson.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

It might expand the current model of physics.

Or it might create a black hole.

Or it might do jack shit.
Quote by Joe-Fish
Give me lulz because I always read it as "Large Hard on collider"

My thoughts exactly.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Is it a particle accelerator?
If it is then it's more than useful.

EDIT: yeah, it's a particle accelerator. Basically scientists smash atoms together at speeds close to the speed of light to examine the properties of atomic nuclei stripped of electrons.

New elements, quarks, and in the near future maybe even black holes can be created in particle accelerators. So yeah, it does more than just make things go fast.

I also believe that this is how antimatter is created. Don't quote me on it though.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Last edited by firebreath07 at Jul 10, 2008,
Quote by denizenz

But yeah apparently it could get us the answer to many holes in science, physics or whatever you'd call it.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

If it makes a black hole, aren't we all screwed?

Quote by firebreath07
Is it a particle accelerator?
If it is then it's more than useful.

EDIT: yeah, it's a particle accelerator. Basically scientists smash atoms together at speeds close to the speed of light to examine the properties of atomic nuclei stripped of electrons.

New elements, quarks, and in the near future maybe even black holes can be created in particle accelerators. So yeah, it does more than just make things go fast.

I also believe that this is how antimatter is created. Don't quote me on it though.

Sigged
Quote by Pinky19

No, whilst it is possible that this could happen, the amount or energy required to maintain and expand a black hole simply won't be available. The black hole would form and collapse in less than a blink of an eye.

Now Strangelet particles. That's what you've gotta worry about!
Quote by Pinky19

From what I've read, they'd be too small to do anything. You should use the... searchbar and read about it, there's a lot of threads about it.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

The black holes it creates (if any) would have a lifespan of less than a second and be smaller than an M&M, so no.

Hopefully :P
Quote by saphrax
Now Strangelet particles. That's what you've gotta worry about!

They are simply hypothosised. They have never been observed, and all evidence suggests they are just an idea. Particle accelerators are simulating collisions which take place in space all the time. If stranglets exist, the moon should be a ball of stranglets, as it is not protected by the Earth's magnetic field.

The Black Holes will be small enough to disappear by Hawking's radiation. If you point out it has not been proved, well, you would be right. However, it uses exactly the same principals which suggests micro black holes may be created, so if you disregard Hawkings radiation, you shouldn't worry about the micro black holes being produced.

The LHC is trying to find the Higgs Bosson, and hence create a grand unified theory. It can also help probe the origins of the universe, as at the very begining of time (tiny fractions of a second after the Big Bang), the rule of physics as we know them did not exist.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by captainjackass
Sigged

WTF?...

Was it because I told you NOT to quote me on it?

EDIT:
Quote by pratt121
The black holes it creates (if any) would have a lifespan of less than a second and be smaller than an M&M, so no.

Hopefully :P

In theory, smaller black holes are more dangerous because they have a higher density; the density and the resulting massive gravitational field is what makes them so dangerous. Although in theory all black holes have an "infinite" density, that doesn't make much sense...

However, nobody knows exactly how large or small black holes are, as they don't even allow light to escape.

Many scientists claim that they are infinitesimally small though.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Last edited by firebreath07 at Jul 10, 2008,
Pffft, of course it's useless. They're just spending millions of dollars to build a giant particle accelerator that could potentially destroy mankind just for the lulz .

If you really wanna know, google it; there's plenty information.
Quote by denizenz
So is gravity.

However, there is a hell of a lot of evidence for gravity.

All the evidence is against stranglets (e.g. the moon is made of normal matter rather than being stranglets).
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I did a report in my school newspaper but intentionally misspelled it hardon.

Lulz.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009