I always hear people say get Vintage 30s, or Greenbacks, but how come you never hear about the Heritage speaker, or the Alnico Blue and Alnico Gold.

I'm just wondering this, because everyone always requests the first two i stated, but you hardly every hear of the last 3, and they cost more. Are the first two better.... or what?
O O

___
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Depends on what genre of music, what amp you have and prefrence honeslty...

so what makes the others cost more, just better quality???

and @ rebelmidget, i've seen them myself, but i've honestly never heard anyone say anything about them on here. Or at least i wasn't around when they did or something.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
so what makes the others cost more, just better quality???

and @ rebelmidget, i've seen them myself, but i've honestly never heard anyone say anything about them on here. Or at least i wasn't around when they did or something.

"However, quality comes at a price, and the key ingredient for this superior sound comes from an expensive metal alloy called Alnico. Used to make the speaker's permanent magnet, alnico gets its name from the elements used to make it - ALuminum, NIckel and CObalt."
This is almost exactly why I made the ultimate speaker thread.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Okay, but what about the heritage speakers, how are they better?
O O

___
Made in the UK, slightly different construction to the standard models to give a 'better' tone. You don't hear about them so much because they cost a hell of a lot more for what they are.
Okay, thanks for your help guys.

And Carrot, sorry for not using the Speaker Thread, my dail-up is a pain, and i try to not use the search bar, unless i think there's already been a thread about something. Didn't even think about a speaker thread.... next time, huh? Lol.
O O

___
Lets see a greenback is about 99 bucks and the alnico gold is 250 probably helps keep them from getting used as much. Most people want a bargain usually threads are "cheapest" or "lowest price decent quality". So many are going to angle for the lower end of the speaker price scale. There are gonna be more honda forums than ferrari forums.
Imagine the price difference between 4x12's for about $400 and 4 for about $1000...
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by leondb
Imagine the price difference between 4x12's for about $400 and 4 for about $1000...

To add to that, imagine getting a grand worth of speakers only to find out they suck for your amp.... Thats a risk alot of people arent willing to take...
True dat. I could be wrong, but are the Alnico's geared more toward cleans? IDK.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
The alnico just means it has a sweeter, more naturally compressed tone. They distort when pushed, and make up part of the famous AC30/Brian May tone. They do nice dirty tones too. Again, speaker thread.
Thanks for you posts MrCarrot, but just one more thing....

is there such thing as a Speaker Thread?

sorry, i had to do that!
O O

___