I have a few projects im going to be doing, im gonna build a dallas rangemaster, and I have an old guitar whos electronics sound horrible... crackling when you turn the knobs, bad connections etc...

For the guitar im gonna get some orange drop capacitors
but for the dallas rangemaster smallbear has all the values of orange caps that I need, but didn't know if this would be the best brand to use for a pedal. Any better suggestions from smallbear? I'd rather order everything from one place too...

also I checked the parts numbers in the parts list files with mouser, and for example, one of the capacitors is a xicon rated at 100 volts. Smallbear has xicon caps but they are all 630 volts, are these gonna be too big?

as always thanks
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Jul 10, 2008,
The high voltage orange drops are huge. Some swear by the orange drops. But dont need to be used in all instances they would add some cost as a film cap might be 40 cents the same orange drop will be over a dollar. Most of small bears stuff is aimed at people building pedals so his stuff should be ok. A place like antique electronic supply is aimed at amps so they have the bigger higher voltage stuff.
cool thanks for the reply
I think im just gonna get one of the more expensive boxes. I build a decent amount of stuff so it would be good to have either

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=170&sfs=eacba40
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=178&sfs=eacba40

I like the xicon's but they have such a large voltage so I think that the panasonic ones would be better with size and fitting everything in place.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial