Poll Options
View poll results: Which to get
Option 1
29 48%
Option 2
31 52%
Voters: 60.
Page 1 of 2
Heya there well I can only afford so much and wondering what I should get. For the guitar its a levision blade rh4 option 1, which with the one ive played is incredibly nice, and has the most versatile pups and active electronics known to man. Can literally go from tele to LP in flick of a switch, and the amp an orange rockerverb 50 head with 1X12 cab fitted with EVM12Ls speaker option 2.

At the moment I have a marshall DSL401, and a epiphone iommi SG.

SO what to get?

PLease give replies dont just vote in poll....
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Holy **** - that guitar is over 2,000 usd...

It seems like it's not popular in the states, and I've never heard of levison before, but who knows. Go with your gut man. The guitar makes just as much difference in tone as the amp does, so it's your choice at the moment.

Generally a 1x12 cab = not a good thing, though. That's all I'll say.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
strat0blaster, i must admit i laughed my ass off in that quote in your sig

and i think , TS, that you're amp is capable. and your current guitar is pretty sweet too... i'd go for the guitar man.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
well levisions are a smallish swiss company, and not many people know about them. I didnt until I saw my teacher, i thought it was a strat then he started doing whammy tricks, and doing LP sounds and I was like hang on . There not even big in england, only on the continant. But they are big enough to be sued by fender for a similar headstock. Also the amp will be cheaper for me cause i could sell my old amp. Anyway why has everyone voted get new amp on the poll, but everyone whos posted saying get the guitar.

I mean Im not really that satisfied with tone from my amp, but its not terrible. And my guitar is amazing for the money, but its still not the guitar I want for the rest of my life. I still really dont know guys please persuade me one way or the other
You have a great amp already so get the guitar.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
i wouldnt call the jcm2000 dsl401 great?
Yep, get the guitar. Your amp is already decent and it sounds like you want the new axe more to be honest
i duno im not completely happy with my amp, and my guitar is satisfactory but compared to the blade its nothing. But compare my amp to an orange and its poop I still dont know, anyway i though UG put the DSL401 in the same bucket as the mgs
Hey, if you don't like the amp but are satisfied with the guitar, sell the amp, and get a new one.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
tbh i know everyone hates them but i think i prefered the AVT series to it. Mine just sounds pretty thin and cant get a gary moore tone, im not bothered if its fizzy
Quote by strat0blaster
Holy **** - that guitar is over 2,000 usd...

It seems like it's not popular in the states, and I've never heard of levison before, but who knows. Go with your gut man. The guitar makes just as much difference in tone as the amp does, so it's your choice at the moment.

Generally a 1x12 cab = not a good thing, though. That's all I'll say.

i hope the reason you put that in your sig is because Gates doesnt use ESP...
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
^was random
well ur wrong cause blades own all but so do orange rv50 heads dont they
i still am undecided!!!!. WHat about getting the blade and then buying an AVT for the time being? I know most people hate them but they sounded OK at the music college. Very rich/saturated tone
I personally, would get the amp. Maybe upgrade your guitar down the line with new p'ups and stuff...
i mean my guitars all right and sounds pretty good with the iommi pickups. But compared to the blade its no where near as slick and bliss. Although the orange will be pretty nice to id imagine. ONe further question, how heavy will the orange go? Will it go to megadeth-symphony and destruction levels with that big low end. And will it do it with an orange 1X12 cab fitted with an EVM12Ls (£150 each!)
what you guys think bout getting the guitar an an AVT combo?
guys please help im still unsure. Like i said above would selling my amp buying an AVT and getting the blade be a good option? BUMP
guys im not being funny or anything but why are the views increasiny yet no one will answer what i should do in relation to my last question. And everyone whos posted has said get the guitar except one, but yet the poll says get the amp

.... confusing
guys arent you gona talk me out of getting an AVT?
Your amp kicks ass, get the guitar.

In fact, that amp is miles ahead of any DSL (IMO).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
i take it your being sarcastic dude? But please could someone seriously give me a valid oppinion
Option 2. That amp is SERIOUSLY nice... But it won't do mega heavy distortion.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
well im not a metal head, just like to play some metal sometimes heaviest i go is megadeth-symphony and destruction levels though, no new metal or slayer and stuff like that. Not necisarilly even looking for that much gain just a huge low end when the gains cranked. Although i did hear bad things about the reliability of oranges. And will it sound decent with only a 1x12 cab but with an EVM12 classic speaker
Get the amp, youll be much more satisfied with your tone in the long run, if your guitar does the job and your satisfied with it go for the amp.

Ive only played the r30 combo, and that blew the absoloute **** out of the DSL.
Quote by Varkunus
i take it your being sarcastic dude? But please could someone seriously give me a valid oppinion

****, that was early in the morn yesterday.

Read that wrong then, get the Rockerverb.

One fail point for me so far.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
but someone is saying that 1x12s are bad, but i also heard that the EVM classics sound like having a 4x12 anyway so it might be OK. And what about the other idea of getting the blade and an AVT. I know everyone slags them off but they seemed OK
Get the guitar man, and don't touch to AVT's, they're just wannabe tube amps.
Or if you really want the orange head, get a decent cab, at least 2x12 (you don't need to have a orange cab, you can get the same quality cheaper if you search)
ok whats similar quality to orange then? And i really didnt think the AVTs they had at music college were that bad. I went there thinking god these are gona be ghastly but they were much smoother than my dsl401. And in the recording studio they used a jcm2000 stack i also found this quite brital compared with the AVTs. I dont know why everyone slags them off
Oh man, get the amp. That's a great amp; you're not going to regret that. The guitar's good too, but it's not that good.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
You're guitar wont sound any better than your amp.
if you buy the guitar just save your money for the amp, and vice versa.
get another job or something
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
im trying to get a job ive applied to around 3 so far, still no luck. I could proberly get job doing kitchen porter but i have a servere nut allergy so it makes the catering trade very awkward. Anyway hopefully by the end of next year i will have both with a bit of luck but its no guarantee. So which do you think would be more benificial to get first? I mean my amp is decent i suppose, but cant seem to get those smooth garry moore like tones. And as my guitar and its 24 medium frets combined with my chubby finger and quite tight string tension it can make me sound sloppier than playing on my squire strat (dont dis it till u found a good one!) So niether my guitar or amp are ideal, but niether are bad and thats my dilema
why the orange and not the blade though?
Because your guitar is fine enough, because Meh/Crap/Decent Guitar --> Good Amp = Good tone.

Awesome guitar through meh amp = Meh tone.

Quote by eggsandham2
Page 1 of 2