I am looking for a recording device for myself and also to use in my band.

I need to be able to make Background music for my Symphonic Metal band as we have to put all kinds of strings and violins and more. Also am I looking for something to make demos. I want something which can record many tracks and something I can make Tracks and finish a CD in.

Thanks in advance,
-Gulli05
Budget? Because I own A Tascom Dp-02-Cf which is a decent 8-track recorder and you can get different types with Cd Rewriters and built in FX, but to finish a full Cd you'd need to spend at least £1000 (or whatever that is in dollars I don't know your local currency) and if you have around £3000 -$4000 to spend theres a Tascam studio which I think is something like 64 - tracks and looks very good.
Last edited by aaciseric at Jul 10, 2008,
I just got the line 6 toneport, its pretty nice and is simple and has some good features, might want to check into it
Quote by Gulli05
I am looking for a recording device for myself and also to use in my band.

I need to be able to make Background music for my Symphonic Metal band as we have to put all kinds of strings and violins and more. Also am I looking for something to make demos. I want something which can record many tracks and something I can make Tracks and finish a CD in.

Thanks in advance,
-Gulli05

Are the violins physical, or are you going to use plugins like Kontakt?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
We will be using Keyboard for symphonic effects to start with.

I can throw in like 850-1000 Euro, maybe a little more than 1000 Euro.

I saw this D3200 Korg Recorder ( http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=D3200&category_id=3 ), is this good? It is 900-1000 Euros (100.000-120.000 Icelandic Krona, in my music store). Is this good? Also if anyone can tell me about this, like if you've used it, please tell me if it is really good or not.
Also, this Korg, can anyone explain this track system, 32-tracks, 272-track (8 virtual track... bllah.. blahh...) ((In main feautures on link before))?
I thought about getting the Korg before but it seems a bit complicated to use and that whole 32-track thing makes it even more confuses, it's actually only got 16 faders and you use 1 fader for 2 tracks, how is that supposed to work? But ye if you can get the hang of it i'd go for it or else look at Tascams.