I don't know if any of you have had this issue but....

There are 3 cases.. in which a different Digitech RP80 has failed... all of which the nature of the problem were the same. The pedal just stops working, cant use it to control wah, whammy, phaser... or whatever effect you'd normally be able to control. Everything else works fine, its just the pedal lost all functionality.

Like I said, 3 different cases that I know of

[1] My friend's
[2] My other friend's (broke right before we were gonna do a show)
[3] Yet another friend's (gave to me, was already broken in that sense)

Tried taking it apart, and I'm no electrician but everything appeared to be fine... I'll have another look now but, have any of you ever experienced this? If so did you ever fix it?
Good luck fixing a digital multi-effects pedal without an electrical engineering degree. Unless it's something simply like a jack or a wire loose.
i have heard the expression pedal's pretty shoddy on those. Dunno about fixing it, but i'd recommend scrapping it for a decent multifx
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
are there any options on those things to recalibrate the expression pedal?

edit: lol, beaten
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
It probably has lost hope beyond my knowledge of repair but, just to make sure were clear... when I say the pedal lost all functionality I don't mean the whole thing, rocking the pedal back and forth just wont do anything to controllable effects.
Quote by SamZee
It probably has lost hope beyond my knowledge of repair but, just to make sure were clear... when I say the pedal lost all functionality I don't mean the whole thing, rocking the pedal back and forth just wont do anything to controllable effects.

Oh, well maybe there is some sort of pot that can be replaced then?
Most of the cheap multi effects dont use a pot in the expression pedal. They use a hall effect sensor. A little magnet on the pedal gets closer to the sensor it allows more or less thru it. Much smaller than a standard pot. Not much can be done if one goes out Im afraid. They either work or dont and no idea where you would get a replacement. If you look at this in an economic sense 80 bucks isnt a whole lot to pay for something like this. Guitar pedals really havent gone up in price in a long time. In 92 I bought a crybaby for close to 100 bucks same pedal today is 80 bucks. Simple fact cheap stuff is made to be disposable. They make em good enough that a huge number of them wont be returned under warranty after that if it breaks you buy a new one.