Any good setting sugestions? Sometimes I find it hard to find the tone I'm looking for..
GEAR;
ESP V-350
Gibson/Epiphone Flying V 1967
Fender FM65R
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
i've only found them usefull as a boost, get a new amp or something bro, your gonna have a hard time getting a good tone with that amp
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
What's wrong with the amp? Are they notorious for bad tone or something?
GEAR;
ESP V-350
Fender FM65R
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
There just real **** amps.
I rather have a line 6 than that POC, you really need a new amp.
No amount of pedals will help your tone with that thing
i love my mt-2.......i can go from 80's metal to metallica. lots of people here seem to hate them. i keep hearing them say thin and tinny. if you try to scoop all the mids out they are thin it's a compressed pedal. if you scoop the mids on your amp and keep the mids up the the m-2 there is alot of good tones. it wont do alot of nu metal but i don't play nu metal. thats what the metal core is for.
Quote by TheKaiser77
There just real **** amps.
I rather have a line 6 than that POC, you really need a new amp.
No amount of pedals will help your tone with that thing

Those Line6 have amp-style selectors on them, right? Are you saying that for a nicer tone I should look into one of those or a tube perhaps?
GEAR;
ESP V-350
Fender FM65R
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Quote by mmjohn
i love my mt-2.......i can go from 80's metal to metallica. lots of people here seem to hate them. i keep hearing them say thin and tinny. if you try to scoop all the mids out they are thin it's a compressed pedal. if you scoop the mids on your amp and keep the mids up the the m-2 there is alot of good tones. it wont do alot of nu metal but i don't play nu metal. thats what the metal core is for.

I love the MT-2 aswell. I've had it for like 2-3 years now, and I think it's pretty good for a stomp-box.
GEAR;
ESP V-350
Fender FM65R
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
I've had my MT-2 for about 2 years and it was good when I got it but since I've gotten better amps over the years, I can honestly say that it's a very bad sounding pedal. Modded, I hear they're great, but stock it sounds like ****.

I tried putting it through my Duncan Convertible the other day on the clean channel just to see what it'd sound like and wow, if I would've left it on longer, I'm sure my ears would've exploded
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Big City Nights
Those Line6 have amp-style selectors on them, right? Are you saying that for a nicer tone I should look into one of those or a tube perhaps?

what im saying is, what you need is better amp.
Dont go towards a spider tough, but you definately need a new amp.
if you are going to get a new amp you at least need 300-400 bucks to get something worth it you know, something to keep for a long time that you will enjoy.
But just about anything else would be a major improvement from that fener amp.
Quote by TheKaiser77
what im saying is, what you need is better amp.
Dont go towards a spider tough, but you definately need a new amp.
if you are going to get a new amp you at least need 300-400 bucks to get something worth it you know, something to keep for a long time that you will enjoy.
But just about anything else would be a major improvement from that fener amp.

HAHAHA, when I bought it, I didn't think it was that bad. It always sounds better in the store, doesn't it... I spent about $350 on it, new, but I'm sure I could get quite a bit if I tried to sell it, and upgrade a little.
GEAR;
ESP V-350
Fender FM65R
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
^yah, see the only reason it cost alot, is mainly the name, but for the same money you could have gotten a used Peavey classic 30, or a new crate V-50, that would be miles and miles away from the fenderFM65.
Its common mistake alot of people do they just buy for the name, but if you come up with a 300-400 come back, and we will give you some suggestions.
So you suggest the Peavey 30, and the Crate 50 as amps with some pretty good tone? I'll have to look into those, thanks. :
GEAR;
ESP V-350
Fender FM65R
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've had my MT-2 for about 2 years and it was good when I got it but since I've gotten better amps over the years, I can honestly say that it's a very bad sounding pedal. Modded, I hear they're great, but stock it sounds like ****.

I tried putting it through my Duncan Convertible the other day on the clean channel just to see what it'd sound like and wow, if I would've left it on longer, I'm sure my ears would've exploded

sounds great thru a hot rod deville........but the hot rod has a ton of bottom end.
Quote by mmjohn
sounds great thru a hot rod deville........but the hot rod has a ton of bottom end.

I can get my Convertible to sound surprisingly close to a Hot Rod and it sounded horrible.

The Convertible has LOADs of low end, the EVM-12L speaker is monstrous.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Big City Nights
Sometimes I find it hard to find the tone I'm looking for..
Needle in a haystack, except there's no needle at all.
These go to eleven...
Quote by Big City Nights
Any good setting sugestions? Sometimes I find it hard to find the tone I'm looking for..

Depends what kind of tones your looking for - the Metal zone is pretty limited in what it can do, and the Frontman is no great shakes either.

Post what kind of sounds you're looking for and we'll try and figure out if you're rig's capable of them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yea, nobody even asked what kind of music you play and everyone out making amp recommendations already..

upgrading would be good, but if we can figure out what kinda stuff you play, then we can figure out what the best upgrade would be.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I've had mine for a few years now, got it as a birthday gift from my girlfriend at the time.

got some cool tones by running it through a massive bass amp but to be honest i dont use it at all any more, sounds way too weak and thin.

its on my "To Mod" list though.
I play such a huge range of music it's rediculous.
Anywhere from say, CCR to Children of Bodom. Well, I attempt the Bodom.. Haha
GNR, Scorpions, hair metal, basically. Metallica. TOOL, for sure.
GEAR;
ESP V-350
Fender FM65R
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Right now I have one setting, the I never change, and it seems to work alright for every style. but yeah, I wouldn't mind having some versatility. It seems whenever I tweak it from this one setting, everything else sounds like crap.

I'm guessing it wouldn't really be possible to get a tone like Steve Vai, 'eh?
GEAR;
ESP V-350
Fender FM65R
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Last edited by Big City Nights at Jul 10, 2008,