I am building a cabinet that will have a single speakon connection. I have four 16 ohm 12's that will be ran in parallel to get 4 ohms. My question is, to get the best results that will be the most reliable, how do I wire them up?

Should I have four sets of wires coming off that speakon?

Should I branch off into two wires off the speakon so one goes to the upper chamber and one goes to the lower, then each branch off into two 12's each?

Should I daisy chain them all together? If so, should I branch off before the speaker terminals, or just run the wire from the speakon to the terminal on the first sub, then run a wire from that same terminal to the second sub, etc.?
i thought to wire them in paralell youd have to daisy chain them :S
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
This page will give you the low down on how to wire parallel, series, etc and the ohm conversions.

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
No... I know the difference between parallel and series. I'm running four 16 ohm subs all in parallel to get 4 and I know that is perfectly correct. All of the above options can be done while staying in parallel and they will all work. I have an electrical engineering degree, I know that much. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking where the splits should be more than anything. I haven't built a speaker cabinet in 15 years and I have never wired up 4 subs in the same box, so I don't know how to wire things up in the real world to get the best long term results. Maybe it doesn't matter. But anyway...

I don't know if I should split it once, four ways, at the speakon connector...

or split it once, two ways at the speakon, then again split it before each pair of 12's...

or don't split it at all, running the wire off the speakon to the first speaker, then basically actually splitting on the terminal, running a set to the second sub, etc.

Running them in series would involve running the positive off the speakon to the positive on the first sub, then running the negative off the first sub to the positive on the second sub. I'm not doing that at all.
Last edited by corndogggy at Jul 10, 2008,
It doesn't really matter where you make the spilts as long as the live and ground wires are going to the right terminals and reamain consistent. Go for whichever config seems the easiest and uses the less amount of wire to get done.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Ok, I have two sets of two subs, in an upper chamber and lower, a baffle in between. I think I should split it once at the speakon, running one set of wires to the upper chamber, then another to the lower chamber. I'll run it over to the sub that is closest to the baffle, then split the wires again, running a short wire from the split to the two closest subs, then a longer wire from that split to the two more distant sub.

Does that make sense? Any reason why that wouldn't be the best way of doing it?