so recently i bought a 80$ Harley Benton telecaster copy, just for kicks, but when i got it , it turned out not to be such a peice of **** you would expect it to be! the neck is pretty comfortable, action is pretty low and no buzz, bridge is ok... pickups suck the most i could ever had imagined! so i found some Seymore Duncan singlecoil- sized humbuckers to put on it!
Any ideas of what else to do with it (finish, nut, bridge...)?
info about it is here:http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbt16bk_egitarre.htm
Last edited by jimmypopali at Jul 10, 2008,
Well, nothing if nothing is bothering you.

Seeing as it's most likely made out of plywood I wouldn't invest any more in it.
id get the neck checked out. even though itsa comfortable, the intonations could be screwed up. just to be safe.

Quote by TheProducer
Well, nothing if nothing is bothering you.

Seeing as it's most likely made out of plywood I wouldn't invest any more in it.

if you really do see potential in the guitar, then do whatever you feel is needed. but if its just for kicks, and you know you couldve had a nicer, even new, guitar, then id definitely try and get a new one.
Quote by Lance09301
id get the neck checked out. even though itsa comfortable, the intonations could be screwed up. just to be safe.

if you really do see potential in the guitar, then do whatever you feel is needed. but if its just for kicks, and you know you couldve had a nicer, even new, guitar, then id definitely try and get a new one.

You are aware the intonation refers only to the how well the string stays in tune when playing down the frets, right? Nothing else.

i.e. if the harmonic at the 12th fret matches the note at the 12th fret.

Nothing to 'be safe' about, it just sounds better if it's right--and he can do it with his tuner and a screwdriver.
well no my other electric guitar is a good and reliable guitar so i don't have to use this tele as my main instrument, so no wories, but i just wanted to make a nice (not exelent) guitar!
ideas for the finish?