since i never use my tone knob on my ibanez RG i was going to switch it out for a killswitch. if i read the kill switch tutorial correctly all i have really have to do is cut the tone wire and remove it. then solder in the kill switch directly to the volume knob one wire grounded and the other on the prong going to the jack. i just wanted to make sure that this is correct before i started hacking on my baby.
Your question should probably be moved to here because that is where all the experts are at regarding killswitches.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528529&highlight=killswitch
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by Dance_of_Death
why would you want to remove your tone nob? it could come in handy, just do what i did, just wire up an spdt switch like it says on the tutorial. i did the exact same mod on my RG

to me i never use my tone knob. i would rather replace it with a killswitch then drill a new hole.
Quote by tikidrummer
to me i never use my tone knob. i would rather replace it with a killswitch then drill a new hole.

But you do know that by removing the tone knob your sound will get dull right? Turn your tone done to "0" and that is how you will sound without a tone knob.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
But you do know that by removing the tone knob your sound will get dull right? Turn your tone done to "0" and that is how you will sound without a tone knob.

don't give out wrong advice

Removing your tone knob (AFAIK) lets more high frequencies through making the guitar sound a bit brighter, like turning the knob up from 0 to 10. I've never compared a guitar without one to a guitar with a tone, but I don't think it would make that much of a difference.

I do think you should drill a new hole, tone knobs are fun. Turn it down and screw around on your clean channel.
Quote by JD Red LP
don't give out wrong advice

Removing your tone knob (AFAIK) lets more high frequencies through making the guitar sound a bit brighter, like turning the knob up from 0 to 10. I've never compared a guitar without one to a guitar with a tone, but I don't think it would make that much of a difference.

Your'e right there, I do stand corrected. You will get more high frequencies coming through without the cap. But definately taking out the tone pot will change your sound, perhaps for the better but perhaps not. It doens't hurt to try I guess as it can always be put back.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19