I was changing my bass strings today and I think I cut my B string too short. I made sure it was the same length as my old string but it's still messed up. The end of the b-string is thinner (where it's supposed to be wrapped), but I have to turn it until the fatter part of the b-string gets wrapped around the post. Is this killing my tone? It does sound a bit more muffled and the intonation is much worse than the other strings.

Would it have helped if I had more of the thinner part to wrap around or would it still need to be wrapped all the way up until the fat part of the string? I hope this all makes sense. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of it.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
It sounds fine to me. Anything past the nut or the saddles shouldn't affect anything to do with the sound of the bass because the string isn't vibrating there. As long as the really thin part is past the nut you should be fine.
Alright, thanks jazz. I guess I just have to fix my intonation on my b-string.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.