hey so i've alawys wanted a Bass to just play around with and so i can write bass lines for my songs, so im wondering whats a good bass for around $400 and an amp around 2-3 hundered. and i have some eperience with bass just from playing my older brothers bass (he's out of collage so he moved out so i cant play his anymore). I 've been playing guitar for like 3 years if that makes a difference. so i open to any brand so yeah suggestions.

thanx
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
FAQ - read it. It is worth spending your time reading the thread to designed to answer these questions.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
One thing I would like to point out:
The fact you have been playing Guitar for 3 years, doesn't alter what bass we say you should get

If anything it makes you seem arrogant.

Use the FAQ
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
One thing I would like to point out:
The fact you have been playing Guitar for 3 years, doesn't alter what bass we say you should get

If anything it makes you seem arrogant.

Use the FAQ

my bad man i just thought it might make a difference. wasn't tryin to be arrogant sorry
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Probably the best bass under $400 would be the squier vintage modified series, many people in this forum are obsessed with them, and they will probably be what most everyone reccomends.

As for an amp, $200-300 is really a bad amount of money to spend on an amp. It is right inbetween the "practice amp" and "gigging amp" zones, leaving you with an amp that can well exceed the bedroom limit for sound, but is not quite good enough to gig with. For that amount of money, you could get a great practise amp, or an amp that has a power of around 120W. What I really reccomend is that you use the money you saved by getting the vintage modified squier (it costs $300, giving you an extra $100 bringing your amp budget to $400), and getting a used amp of 200-400W.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
try 200 on the bass- Ibanez GSR200 is my standby.
and 400 on the amp.

that will be much better.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom