Hello the pit.

Reading about fish and chips in another thread made me think about the good old fashioned sunday roast.

One question I have concerns the meat. Recently I had a pub roast, and the landlady insisted on serving the meat rare.

What kind of travesty is that?
i hate roasts, i've had a roast on sunday of my life for as long as i can remember
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234
i hate roasts, i've had a roast on sunday of my life for as long as i can remember

Woah, you hate them????
wth??
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Hello the pit.

Reading about fish and chips in another thread made me think about the good old fashioned sunday roast.

One question I have concerns the meat. Recently I had a pub roast, and the landlady insisted on serving the meat rare.

Just ask for it well done, or however you like it?
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by Atreideslegend
Beef should always be rare (except in mince). Overcooked beef is a travesty

Nope, continentalisation of Great British values is the travesty.

If it was a steak or fillet of beef, I could just about understand having it rare, but the damn thing's a big joint of meat.
Quote by big-T
Just ask for it well done, or however you like it?

I didn't realise that it was now the norm to have it rare.

It's completely mental.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I didn't realise that it was now the norm to have it rare.

It's completely mental.

Blame celebrity chefs for this my friend.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

You're still on this subject? Attacking my profile? Tut, tut. Rare beef just happens to taste far better, the flavour is left in, the texture and moisture is there in spades, rare beef also makes far better sandwiches, for the following week's worth of school and working lunches. Good on that landlady.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by DanRev
Is sausagemeat stuffing present at this roast?

Dude, that is a faux pas beyond belief, a sausagemeat stuffing goes in poultry, you don't stuff joints of beef.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Nope, continentalisation of Great British values is the travesty.

If it was a steak or fillet of beef, I could just about understand having it rare, but the damn thing's a big joint of meat.

I hate the European-alisations of Britain which have happened recently, but I have to disagree with you here. You have got to watch Marco Pierre White's new series on ITV Great British Feast, he hates how so many British chefs have gone French or Italian, but he cooks his beef rare. Hell, he even threw someone out of his restaurant for ordering a well done steak.

Quote by Atreideslegend
Beef should always be rare (except in mince). Overcooked beef is a travesty

Truth is there.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Dude, that is a faux pas beyond belief, a sausagemeat stuffing goes in poultry, you don't stuff joints of beef.

I'm not talking about Brians roast. I'm just saying in general.
Quote by DanRev
I'm not talking about Brians roast. I'm just saying in general.

Sorry, I misread you there. Anyway, I adore a good sausagemeat stuffing. No worries.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
I knew I'd start a big argument.

Someone called Pierre can't be that British, and if any twat tried to throw me out of their restaurant for wanted my food cooked, I'd facking twat the smegger!

But yeah, eating this pink meat was revolting. It didn't make it any tenderer, in fact, it made it worse because the veins and sinew were intact
I hate eating beef. =P

I always have chicken instead. =P
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips