Page 1 of 2
I love it, but haven't found anyone with the time to play it for a long while....
No-one to play with... anyone know of a site so we can play each other online?

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
Quote by Våd Hamster
I love it, but haven't found anyone with the time to play it for a long while....

+1 Though I don't use strategies or plans. I go along with the game because your opponent's moves cannot be predicted.
Ever played a version of chess where instead of placing the pieces on the board in a particular way (rook-knight-bishop-king-queen-bishop-knight-rook) you instead place the pieces randomly at each end of the board?

I think it's called Foreman's Chess.....
I know how to play, but i suck
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I'd play with you if you weren't always playing that damn clarinet....

*plays some more clarinet*
I remember once my friend went to chess club in my school as a one-off and beat everyone there who were regulars.

And never went back.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've recently taught my 9 year old daughter how to play and she's suddenly really good at it, she can beat me roughly a third of the time, and I've been playing for 30 years.

Has anyone ever played Chaturanga?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaturanga

It's difficult, especialy when you're used to standard chess.
Yeah, I play a lot.

I've played over 1000 games on Yahoo

Nerdy I know.

If anyone wants a game I'm up for it...
Quote by MoonageDaydream
I remember once my friend went to chess club in my school as a one-off and beat everyone there who were regulars.

And never went back.

Your friend is practically my idol now. He showed those kids!
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Yeah, it was pretty awesome. In our school you get special blazer pockets for doing well in sports, and he has his chess one, lying under his bass.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i played chess for 2year in primary school, i never won one single game
Quote by mh400nt

"Emo Gay"

"Normal Gay"

But where do My Chemical Romance fit in

I used to be alright at chess but I'm rusty now, I tried playing a one player game against the computer and didn't realise my queen had been taken for about 20 moves .
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Vista has quite a good version of Chess.. It's tough, though!

The graphics maxed out are quite "oohh" and "ahh" as well.
I used to play it in my free periods against one of my friends. The official score is 9-9 with 3 stale mates.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Did anyone ever play that chess game on computer about 10 or more years ago where the player was blue and the computer was red and it had the most awesome animations ever. I remember when a rook took a queen it would lift her up and eat her, good times. I remember having to use the dos commands to get to it. Those were the days...

Edit: I think this is it but I had the colours the wrong way round.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Quote by wannabe jesus
Did anyone ever play that chess game on computer about 10 or more years ago where the player was blue and the computer was red and it had the most awesome animations ever. I remember when a rook took a queen it would lift her up and eat her, good times. I remember having to use the dos commands to get to it. Those were the days...

This one per chance?

Quote by wannabe jesus

Edit: I think this is it but I had the colours the wrong way round.

Sounds intriguing, is it one of the chess masters? Just noticed the picture, looks a bit like the first release of Runescape.. old skool!

Did it have those old FMV style clips?
To Saphrax: Ooooooh yeaaaahhhh!

To Jackolas: I think it was called 'Battle Chess'

Edit: This is how awesome it was (video)
Edit2: YES, at around 1.50 the rook gobbles up the queen
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Last edited by wannabe jesus at Jul 11, 2008,
im an enthusiast, my friend though is a freak, he beat the teacher incharge of our chess club with out looking at the board and he had rating around the 2200's but hes quit competition now. www.funorb.com is a good site to play chess, even though its associated with runescape...
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
I love chess! But no one ever plays it with me...I guess that's what happens when you have no friends!

Call me Jeff if you want, I prefer that.
I play a few times a week with my eldery father outside in the Garden at around 2am. I'm pretty good at it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

i play against my dad occasionally...... only ever beat him once.......
( . Y . )
I like Chinese Chess and Go. Kinda weird, but I don't really find western chess to be as fun. Go is the **** though. I love that game.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
I like Chinese Chess and Go. Kinda weird, but I don't really find western chess to be as fun. Go is the **** though. I love that game.

Dude, I agree! Go is awesome! I used to play it when I had it on my computer. Then I got a new one and can't find the program anymore.
Call me Jeff if you want, I prefer that.
Quote by wannabe jesus
To Saphrax: Ooooooh yeaaaahhhh!

To Jackolas: I think it was called 'Battle Chess'

Edit: This is how awesome it was (video)
Edit2: YES, at around 1.50 the rook gobbles up the queen

That must have been very impressive back in 1989!
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I'd play with you if you weren't always playing that damn clarinet....

I thought it was a fife?

I enjoy a good game of chess once in a while. I couldn't remember how to play for the life of me, though.
Page 1 of 2