Alright, so i've recently started to play the piano. But i have nothing other than my ear to learn by. are there any online resources for learning piano? Good ones? Its an instrument i've always wanted to learn but there are no teachers around with space for new students...
Quote by mikerev
Alright, so i've recently started to play the piano. But i have nothing other than my ear to learn by. are there any online resources for learning piano? Good ones? Its an instrument i've always wanted to learn but there are no teachers around with space for new students...

My advice as a self-taught keyboardist is to find a good music store and buy yourself a tutorial book.

Otherwise try this site- http://www.keyboardmag.tv/

It's an online station for keyboards but essentially the theory is the same and the piano just has two more octaves than a keyboard.
Quote by actaderock
ive learned guitar on youtube and some alone, i dont see why piano cant be learnt on youtube

You have little chance of learning piano off YouTube.....especially theory. You're essentially playing two different instruments, one hand each, and you are not going to pick up the necessary theory either.
im an entirely self taught guitarist but i've been told piano is a totally different thing. My friend is a great pianist (although refuses to teach me) and says i need to learn proper technique. I can play plenty of scales, and quite a few songs. But apparently my technique is bad....
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Why is no-one listening to me, an actual keyboardist?!

Im listening! You're making much sense to me.