Im new a little new with guitars. I got a Fender Strat for Christmas 2007 and recently got an Ibanez JS1000 for half price . I messed around with my amp and I turn the gain up for a distorted sound but im looking for an actual distortion pedal so I can get a variety of sounds. So I am wondering what distortion pedals are best and how do I find the right one for me?
For Metal : Boss MT-2, Digitech Metal Master...
i dont know for the other styles because i just play metal !
I want to play music like Metallica, Three Days Grace, Rise Against, Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
dont get an mt-2 or a metal master, probably one of the best is the metal muff imo
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
go to boss's website and listen to there samples
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productlist.php?ParentId=90
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
sell one of those guitars and bye a really nice amp, assuming you dont have a nice amp now
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Agreed on the Metal Muff, but it's a pedal you really wanna tinker with, and not just crank the Distortion. I'm still trying to get myself the perfect 'tone' from it, doubt it'll be my perfect tone, but the best I can find for the metal muff.

Another good one is the Boss MD-2, I really liked this one, very chunky style as opposed to crunchy, which is my whole thingy. :P

Mesa V Twin if you'd like, higher up tube pedals. Others include Damage Control series pedals and other various brands.

Good luck mate, try before you buy if possible!
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
For metal... anything BUT this:

Quote by IbanezRulez
For Metal : Boss MT-2, Digitech Metal Master...
i dont know for the other styles because i just play metal !
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What amp? Really, for a tube amp, you may just need an overdrive or an eq. For ss, well, chances are you need a tube amp.
the boss ds-1 is awesome...not too many sounds u can get out of it, not too tweakable but everybody loves it cause its simple, cheap priced, and it rocks! but yea try bossus.com and check out their pedals
Quote by dbl93100
the boss ds-1 is awesome...not too many sounds u can get out of it, not too tweakable but everybody loves it cause its simple, cheap priced, and it rocks! but yea try bossus.com and check out their pedals

I don't love the DS-1. I don't love anything about it.

It's a cheap pedal, with a mediocre bypass, like all boss pedals, with an average sound. You get what you pay for.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I don't love the DS-1. I don't love anything about it.

It's a cheap pedal, with a mediocre bypass, like all boss pedals, with an average sound. You get what you pay for.

+1
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Try a modded one....it'll change your life.

It's like taking acid really....you'll see things in a new light....that changes colors
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge