Page 1 of 4
So what is your opinion on omnivores vs. vegetarianism.

A vegetarian I am arguing with thinks that meat is killing our planet and she is telling me that I am a terrible person for hurting animals :\
Last edited by gu1tarman at Jul 10, 2008,
You don't need to eat meat to live healthily if you have a well balanced diet.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in you sig if you like bagels.
Ignore her.

Both a vegetarian and an omnivorous diet can be healthy, but a balanced omnivorous diet is the best, as some nutrients in a vegetarian diet, although high in content, are not taken up by the body as they are found in slightly different forms.
Is she a 12 years old pseudo vegetarian who still hugs her little pink ponies?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Is she a 12 years old pseudo vegetarian who still hugs her little pink ponies?

Actually 14 years old
Quote by gu1tarman
Can you guys please help me out and prove that you NEED meat to live HEALTHILY.

She thinks that meat is killing our planet and she is telling me that I am a terrible person for hurting animals :\

Bite her.
Or tell her she's a horrible person for eating the animals' food.
Or just ignore her?
Quote by Minkaro
Glue meat to your face.

Lol! Ross Noble!!

Tell the chick that Peta is the work of the devil!!

And tell her she's destroying the nature more by eating away all the plants. The animals won't have any food to eat!!
you don't need meat to live healthily, the nutrients, protein etc in meat which we require for a balanced diet can be obtained from other sources.
from daylight...
...into darkness
vegetarians are incompetent flaming queers don't listen to any of them keep slaying wild animals its good for you its good for me and its good for the environment

but honestly nobody cares if vegetarians don't eat meat, they aren't helping any causes, people are going to continue to hunt, sell meat, process meat, and eat meat
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Well she's dumb. But you are too.

You don't need meat to survive, anyone can survive and be healthy off of greens.

Most people these days are veggies because they think animal cruelty is ridiculous and needs to be changed. Which is true, some of the slaughterhouses for KFC and MickyD's are just absolutely terrible. You'll never want to eat there again if you watch how they kill their animals. The lives of KFC's chicken are lived entirely in cages, and their leg muscles are so underdeveloped that they cannot lift themselves up and walk.

The difference from us to them, is that I acknowledge that I am not going to make any difference whatsoever by not eating meat. Someone else will eat the meat that I don't.

That, and I like the taste of meat.

EDIT: To all you veggitarian haters out there, get a grip. They have a good point. Why don't you go look up some slaughterhouse videos.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 10, 2008,
You dont need meat but animals have been eating each other since the beginning of time, dont nag your friend to eat meat though

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by divid3d
you don't need meat to live healthily, the nutrients, protein etc in meat which we require for a balanced diet can be obtained from other sources.

Just because you get in the diet doesn't mean the vegetarian has those same nutrients taken in at the cellular level. Examples are vitamins A,D,K and in particular iron and phosphorous.
Quote by dogfennell
You don't need to eat meat to live healthily if you have a well balanced diet.

But you need meat as part of a well balanced diet. Meat contains proteins that help repair cells and help body growth, that's why being a vegetarian exclusively could stunt your growth during your teenage years. Furthermore meat is needed to have proper muscle growth and it also helps with skin complexion and tone.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Tell her she's a disgrace for forcing her ideologies on you, which she is.

Bloody hippies are always pushing their views.
Quote by Minkaro
Glue meat to your face.

Also, eat what you like, and let her eat what she likes. I know plenty of vegetarians, and they're not dead.

Except Hitler. He was a veggie, and he's dead. Bad example there.

There's the reasoning you give her. Say ANYTHING is like Hitler and people stop.
Quote by nikhil101
But you need meat as part of a well balanced diet. Meat contains proteins that help repair cells and help body growth, that's why being a vegetarian exclusively could stunt your growth during your teenage years. Furthermore meat is needed to have proper muscle growth and it also helps with skin complexion and tone.

Oh brother...

What, are you going to use that in an argument against a veggie? Your face is going to break out if you don't eat meat? Since when have teenage girls been worried about having too small of bodies?

Seriously, read my post thats like 6 or 7 up.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by wyldething
Tell her to eat your dick; that will teach her to like meat

its a win/win!

what if she insists on using a knife and fork?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
well are YOU personally killing the animals?

no, therefore you aren't hurting them

the animals dead
wasting it would be worse
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Våd Hamster
Bite her.
Or tell her she's a horrible person for eating the animals' food.
Or just ignore her?

THIS!
Meat contains certain amino acids the human body needs to function. Nuts and other plants don't contain all the amino acids. Also meat is an incredibly good source of protein if it's lean meat.

Tell your vegetarian friend that she can be a vegetarian if she wants, but don't try to push her agenda onto you and say that her lifestyle is better than yours.

To be honest this sounds like an ego thing.
The whole I am holier than thou kind of thing.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by SlinkyBlue

You don't need meat to survive, anyone can survive and be healthy off of greens.

Most people these days are veggies because they think animal cruelty is ridiculous and needs to be changed. Which is true, some of the slaughterhouses for KFC and MickyD's are just absolutely terrible. You'll never want to eat there again if you watch how they kill their animals. The lives of KFC's chicken are lived entirely in cages, and their leg muscles are so underdeveloped that they cannot lift themselves up and walk.

The difference from us to them, is that I acknowledge that I am not going to make any difference whatsoever by not eating meat. Someone else will eat the meat that I don't.

EDIT: To all you veggitarian haters out there, get a grip. They have a good point. Why don't you go look up some slaughterhouse videos.

What if I'm so "METAL!!!!!!!11" that I get off to those videos?
well to put it simply

do you see vegans dying of malnutrition?

proper vegans i mean

like Goldfinger
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by ugsusheyftef
you know, cows contribute, like 60% to global warming..

lolsorce?
-Jim Morrison
Quote by nikhil101

Meat is absolutely not required for proper muscle growth. Meat is an awesome source of protein, but its quite possible to get adequate protein from eggs/beans/whey protein shakes/bars. I'm vegetarian for religious reasons (Hinduism). Quite frankly, why do you guys care whether someone else eats meat or not? It doesn't make a spot of difference in your own life.
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
Quote by wyldething
Tell her to eat your dick; that will teach her to like meat

its a win/win!

+1

and if that doesn't work, she is probably gay. In which case you will learn something new about your friend.

Seriously though, haven't we had this debate enough on UG.

I think we should start an Official thread on the subject matter.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
tell her that meat is a great source of protein

as far as being a terrible person goes; ask her if she cares as much about the immigrants, and their rights and quality of life, who pick the vegetables that she eats as she does about the animals that you eat. Because anyone who cares more about animals than humans is a terrible person, at least in my eyes.
i have an uncle and his vegitarian lifestyle is leading to his eminent decay and destruction he has developed dimensia( sp?) and all sorts of health issues and he is on a downward slope all he eats is beans plants veggies and wheat grass its horrible...
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Oh brother...

What, are you going to use that in an argument against a veggie? Your face is going to break out if you don't eat meat? Since when have teenage girls been worried about having too small of bodies?

Seriously, read my post thats like 6 or 7 up.

Oh yeah lol I just gave general reasons but I completely forgot that it was a girl he was convincing.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by Minkaro
Glue meat to your face.

Also, eat what you like, and let her eat what she likes. I know plenty of vegetarians, and they're not dead.

Except Hitler. He was a veggie, and he's dead. Bad example there.

Yeah, if he had eaten meat he wouldn't have commited suicide, easy conclusion there.

Just tell her that she is missing the greatest food sensation ever and that vegetarians are totally unnatural if you really wanna push it and that being a vegetarian is only a sign that we are wealthy enough to be picky assholes.

But only if you want to push it.
arent plants living? so there kinda killing too...
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by SlinkyBlue

only intelligent post in the thread! congrats slinkyblue. however a balanced vegetarian diet is STILL healthier than a balanced omnivore diet. vegetarians tend to have better immune systems, suffer less depression and have a lower risk of diabetes.

yes, i am vegetarian. no, i dont think its wrong to eat meat. PETA and all of its drones can go f-k themselves.
Page 1 of 4