So, I have to say, the mods and admins here on UG are pretty fair, and respectful. I have nothing to complain about. But I also browse the forums on other websites, such as car websites etc. I noticed, a lot of the mods on those forums are dicks. For example...one guy posted up a picture of his ride, and while every other poster in the thread had pleasant things to say, this one mod made fun of his car, fun of the person and this person did absolutely nothing to deserve it. Have you guys been to other websites (well of course you have.....I hope) and seen anything like this?
Be cool.
Generally I don't have a problem with the mods on most of the sites I'm on.

I just wish that the Harmony Central mods would stop all the stupid duplication threads.
Reminds me of that time those UG girls was posted on HC, and dready went in there.

That was lulz
usually mods think they are gods, they are not

UG mods are, cuz they are nice XD
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Because on other sites, Mods get a power trip and ego thing going on, and they abuse it.
Feed your mind.
Most forums (like this one) I traverse have pretty bitchin mods. However, sometimes they do things that I can't quite grasp (I'm sure they have a perfectly logical reason, but I don't know what it is) i.e: A mod here closed a seemingly innocent "speak in binary thread" without any reason but a "mwahahahaha".
Quote by Våd Hamster
Reminds me of that time those UG girls was posted on HC, and dready went in there.

That was lulz

what's HC? this sounds interesting
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by cheeseman3001

^Harmony Central. It's like UG, only with more money for gear.
I don't visit many different sites, but the ones I go on, the mods seemed fair.

To be honest, this site is the worst <__<.

But to be clear, the mods on this site are very fair and strict, so, that says something about the other ones...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I go on a school one (boredofstudies) and the mods spam more than the other users. I always thought the mods here were pricks, but I like them alot more than I used to.
Quote by cheeseman3001

Harmony Central. I think the thread is still here in the depths of the pit...
I for one think the mods are assholes.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I think the mods here are OK, nothing to rant and rave about really, though I haven't been here long. I only really go on 2 forums and the other ones mods are much better but it is a slightly smaller site than this plus they have a rule that you cant discuss religion or politics because it makes people hostile which I think is good.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
The only other place I go, is Explosm.net, im just a luker with no account though, and people get banned for bad grammar there.

Oh yah, I forgot about the Explosm forums. Cheese-and-grapes is it bad there.
I hate all mods and admins from all sites that exist because they all abuse their power and whatever they do gets ass-kissing from some douche.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
The only other place I go, is Explosm.net, im just a luker with no account though, and people get banned for bad grammar there.

As they should.
Yeah, most of the guys that complain about the mods being too strict should look at mods of other forums. The mods on this site are pretty fair - with one or two exceptions, of course.
xbox.com

some mods are cool, but the rest cant take a joke and then ban you till 2152 for spam.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I hate all mods and admins from all sites that exist because they all abuse their power and whatever they do gets ass-kissing from some douche.

careful now...
Quote by captainoid
careful now...

If mods ban me because of that it will be the ultimate "point proover"
I just can't stand that fact of having some dude watching over the forums and banning people for doing weird stuff, it just gives me the creeps.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

I just can't stand that fact of having some dude watching over the forums and banning people for doing weird stuff, it just gives me the creeps.

Then don't use them. Simple.
Quote by dylpikle9
As they should.

Indeed. I go to Explosm and i am quite pleased to see all the people in "time-out" and the mods' excuses for banning. They're pretty funny sometimes.
Only other forum I frequent often is DF, and I am a mod there.

Rules are extensive and strictly enforced, so some people may get pissed off. Then again, its a drugs forum, so can't take any chances lest it get taken down by LE.

Its not so much strict mods that are the problem, but ones who are douches about it and who have no sense of etiquette.

Haven't really encountered any dick mods, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Quote by thedude051
So, I have to say, the mods and admins here on UG are pretty fair, and respectful.

Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
If mods ban me because of that it will be the ultimate "point proover"

The ultimate "proover", eh?

My God, it's full of stars!