I am still on my first guitar and amp. Is it more important to upgrade to a better guitar or amplifier first? If amp, I would most likely buy either a Crate V16 Palomino, which I can get for $250 used, or a Fender Blues Junior which I can get for $290 used. I bet everyone will be like GET THE BLUES JUNIOR, but I'm just not sure if it's right for my style. I play stuff like The White Stripes, The Strokes, Weezer, The Hives, Led Zeppelin, and Priestess (More hard rockin'). If I were to get a guitar, I would most likely get a 2000 deep red Fender Telecaster with and added (middle?) pickup. If I were to get that, would I need to get a new pickup(s) to get more hard rock sounds?
For the music you play a tele wouldn't be a bad choice but an HSS strat would be much better.

Anyways, many people here would tell you to get an amp upgrade first, but what's your current guitar? I for one find it dumb to play a $90 guitar through a $500 amp.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
The reason I didn't want to get a Fender Stratocaster was because I already had one in a way.
Get an amp, unless you can't stand the feel of the guitar you have now. The palomino would be a great choice.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Then get the blues jr, I was just saying the crate would work great. The blues jr would work fine too.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I'd get the Palo if I were you.

I've played my Palomino and my friend's Blues Junior side by side, and I can safely say that the Palomino would be much better for what you play.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
I can safely say that the Palomino would be much better for what you play.

I'm going to agree, I didn't think the BJ had enough stuff like priestess, you might get some weezer - but I think the Palomino is more blues-rock and the BJ is clean-blues.

Personal opinion though...
It wouldn't really matter, because the Palomino is cheaper and better.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Why so stuck on the BJ?

You said in your other thread:
Quote by newbienewbie
I'm afraid with the pick ups that come with it, I'll get too much country twang, and I want hard rock! I would use a pedal of course.

So we're telling you our opinion, palomino is better suited to your music choice, it will certainly fit if you spend the $40 you save by not buying the BJ and put that towards something like an overdrive if you feel you need it.