Page 1 of 7
The guitar I currently have is just some random fender look-a-like.

Next week, or so I will be getting a Squier Jaggmaster though

(Cant afford a mustang / jaguar :p)

What do you use?
I want Brian's Silver Sparkle Jagmaster...

I googled Silver Sparkle Jagmaster and sure enough images led me to his profile.

I'm jealous.
it doesn't matter what guitar you use just get a cheap one from walmart first-act there good guitars my friend has one spray paint it or put stickers on it
I just use whichever guitar I feel like using.. either my Ibanez SZ720FM or Epi Les Paul Standard

I'm currently building a guitar that is going to be super p0nx... DIY AND it's not going to even have a paint job for a while. Haha.
im using my crappy squier that i put an invader in the bridge
:stickpoke thats pretty much it
Danelectro 56-U3

That's the one on the left:

The picture doesn't really show how sparkly it is!

I play in a crust/grind band btw.
Quote by RockThe40oz
I just use whichever guitar I feel like using.. either my Ibanez SZ720FM or Epi Les Paul Standard

I'm currently building a guitar that is going to be super p0nx... DIY AND it's not going to even have a paint job for a while. Haha.

Nice, I'm just asking this question cause I know a while ago my friend was telling me how most punk bands use strats.

but one of my favourite punk band (LCB) uses a Flying V (I think), but I personally love the mustang & jaguar
When I play guitar in a band (which is rare, even though I'm probably better at gutiar than bass) I play an Ibanez RT series. I'm thinking of sanding it down though and repainting it white and then having a few local artists I really admire decorate it.
Though I really adore Jaguars and Mustangs...

Usually though, for some reason, I end up playing bass in bands, and for that, I play a Danelectro '63 remake, the long scale version. It's so fucking beautiful! I love it, and I got it for a really good price.

EDIT: Jordan I didn't know you played a Danelectro! HIGH FUCkING FIVE!! I love them!
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
When I play guitar in a band (which is rare, even though I'm probably better at gutiar than bass) I play an Ibanez RT series. I'm thinking of sanding it down though and repainting it white and then having a few local artists I really admire decorate it.
Though I really adore Jaguars and Mustangs...

Usually though, for some reason, I end up playing bass in bands, and for that, I play a Danelectro '63 remake, the long scale version. It's so fucking beautiful! I love it, and I got it for a really good price.

EDIT: Jordan I didn't know you played a Danelectro! HIGH FUCkING FIVE!! I love them!

Up the Dano punx!
I don't play in a band, but if I did, I'd play the 'bass' guitar.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I like the look of a few ESP's never heard 'em (i don't think), but they look really cool...anyone know anything about them xD?
I hope that by " band " you mean guitar over drum machine recorded on Audacity and put on myspace.
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
I hope that by " band " you mean guitar over drum machine recorded on Audacity and put on myspace.

huh?
I played my tele in a punk/indie/emocore band, but we never practice.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I play a 1990 Washburn superstrat type thing. Its got the most comfortable neck ever and so far I've switched out a few of the pickups and completely hand-wired it.

Oh yeah, and it's purple *-)
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I dont play in a band at the moment, but I have and I use my crappy strat imitator.
Quote by element4433
I played my tele in a punk/indie/emocore band, but we never practice.

I wanted to play in an emocore band, but then I realised that I will never be as awesome as Tonie Joy.
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
I wanted to play in an emocore band, but then I realised that I will never be as awesome as Tonie Joy.
I didn't realize how emocore we were until recently, when I started listening to Moss Icon and Rites of Spring again.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Danelectro

I kind of think I want a real electric guitar.

I may buy a Dano. Dunno why they only have one model on their site.
I play an Epiphone Sheraton II. Not exactly p0nx, but neither is my band these days, so it's all good.
The Crazy irrational Replacements fan in me wants to buy the First Act Paul Westerberg signature model guitar.

It's only like $150 and it has something to do with Paul

But for $100 more I could buy the Dano in Burgundy and name it Ron thus continuing the never ending string of Anchorman references that is my life...
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Jul 10, 2008,
I play a Gibson Double Cut Faded Les Paul.

This is what it looks like when I play it:

Hawt, right?

The finish is coming off on the top of the guitar and the back of the neck. I think it makes it look even more p0nx.
I don't really care for the looks of single-cutaway Les Pauls, but double-cutaways are choice. Nice guitar Tom.
Quote by neidnarb11890

Hawt, right?

The finish is coming off on the top of the guitar and the back of the neck. I think it makes it look even more p0nx.

I hate every gibson / les paul / epiphone i've ever played ... except the SG, that's not bad..
I play both a Jay Turser SG copy guitar, very dark sounding, have to completely just crank the treble on my amp to get a good punk sound. I also play a Squier Telecaster Thineline, very bright sounding, and because it's semi hollow, I have to stand in a certain spot to keep it from feeding back.
Quote by opivy21
I don't really care for the looks of single-cutaway Les Pauls, but double-cutaways are choice. Nice guitar Tom.

My guitar owns the single cutaways. It's cheaper, I can reach the higher frets much more easily, and the P-90's get a sweet garage-y tone. I <3 it.

EDIT: Oh, and it is also lighter.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
The Crazy irrational Replacements fan in me wants to buy the First Act Paul Westerberg signature model guitar.

It's only like $150 and it has something to do with Paul

But for $100 more I could buy the Dano in Burgundy and name it Ron thus continuing the never ending string of Anchorman references that is my life...

Get the Dano. They're such a good value, in my opinion. I really like playing them. This one shop near me is a certified Dano retailer and they always have a ton of them. I go in and play them; they all sound great.
DOWN&OUT
pFFt im ponxer thn all of u guyz, i play an acoustic epiphone when i do solo shtick in peoples basements, FOLK PONX!!
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by Jett Diamond
Get the Dano. They're such a good value, in my opinion. I really like playing them. This one shop near me is a certified Dano retailer and they always have a ton of them. I go in and play them; they all sound great.

I love Dano's but the only ones in the store near me aren't the most comfortable body in the world, it's like an offset rectangle.
Quote by neidnarb11890

Hawt, right?

My bass player has that Ramones shirt
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I play an Orange Ibanez G10 that I have named "The Juggernaut". Bitch.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I want Brian's Silver Sparkle Jagmaster...

I googled Silver Sparkle Jagmaster and sure enough images led me to his profile.

I'm jealous.

It's for sale if you (or anyone) wants it.

Come on a holiday to London, England and you can take it off my hands for the princely sum of one hundred pounds.

And I won't even swap back the upgraded parts to the stock parts (sperzel tuners, kluson bridge)

I had a go on the 3rd reissue jagmasters, and they were a bit crap.

So, if you can, get one made between 200 and 2003 (this is the only era that did silver sparkle), or even better, one of the vista models from the 90's, although they're a cult icon so prices of those have skyrocketed.

Dinosaur Jnr fans just hoard them, you'd be looking at 7-800 dollars for one of those now.