Does anybody know the way to create mashups on the program, Audacity?
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
I mean to make multiple songs into one song...like they did with Green Day and Oasis.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
to make a mash up, generally you need an instrumental of a song, and an acapella of another. then you need a program that will allow you to use the instrumental at the original bpm, and then stretch the acapella so it matches. so, no audacity would not allow you to make a mash up
It's not easy at all in Audacity.

It's possible if you have acapella or instrumental tracks of what you want to mix, but even then geting it all in sync would be hard.
Oh, well thanks anyway. Do you know of any programs I could download that would allow me to make mashups?
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
i use acid to make them. you can get a demo for free, or the whole thing for free if you are like that. there is a really good tutorial here
Just take two tracks and put them on top of each other.

It will definitely be "mashed."
The.
people fail to realize that if you take two tracks and put them on top of each other without properly beatmatching it will sound like crap
Quote by Blazn Blue
i use acid to make them. you can get a demo for free, or the whole thing for free if you are like that. there is a really good tutorial here

Another Acapellas4U user
Use Acid. I know Audacity gets recommended a lot here, but it's not very good for anything other than single-track recording or mastering.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?