does anyone know where i can find a cable where one end plugs into my guitar and the other end plugs into a computer so i can record my playing on the computer with a program (example: Audicity)
You can buy a converter for
about $1 that fits on a guitar cable

if you live in America go to a radioshack and ask for a 1/4inch to 1/8inch jack converter
Quote by gurg06
You can buy a converter for
about $1 that fits on a guitar cable

if you live in America go to a radioshack and ask for a 1/4inch to 1/8inch jack converter

where would you plug the 1/8inch jack into on a computer?
Quote by grimguitarist91
where would you plug the 1/8inch jack into on a computer?

the microphone input....its the same size as the headphone input(1/8inch)
no, not that i know of. its called audicity and you just dowload it from the internet for free, but i have not downloaded it yet.
Quote by gurg06
the microphone input....its the same size as the headphone input(1/8inch)

is that at the back of the computer? and then what you play will just come out of the speakers on your computer?
Quote by carpepax
Does the program come with a sound card or interface of some kind?

its a free downloadable program.....so no.

but I'm guessing the TS is new to recording so the soundcard in his computer will do for now
Last edited by gurg06 at Jul 10, 2008,
i just need the program in order to record my own riffs and backing tracks as a context for my lead playing in order to help me hear modal tones easier.
Quote by grimguitarist91
is that at the back of the computer? and then what you play will just come out of the speakers on your computer?

if you have a seperate pc and monitor...it should be on the back...there should be about three the same size...for headphones,speakers and a microphone...

it will probably have a microphone symbol next to it...and yes you will be able to playback the recorded sound through your speakers.
Last edited by gurg06 at Jul 10, 2008,
Quote by grimguitarist91
ok, cool. im pretty sure i have that, thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate it.

no probs