ya i just got this guitar, says academy on it, its an electric and looks like a stratocaster. its black and came with a 15 watt amp of the same name. Is it even a decent guitar or should i smash it to bits?
There once was a chicken named Cluck.
He once was told that he sucked.
He tried to say something
but couldn't say nothing
and came up with "Cluckity-Fuck."

Peace out.
if it comes with an amp of the same name and youve never heard of the brand its ****
Quote by deathmagnetic
How does it sound?

it sounds like s***. the intonation cant be adjusted for some reason and the truss rod is jammed. the pickups sound horrible, the neck bows a little, and the tuning keys dont feel precise.
but couldn't say nothing

Peace out.
I would probably take it apart and try to frankenstein that backwards strat out of it. You know, the one that people keep posting photos of which I'm pretty sure is just a photoshop. It would be cool to see that in real life
crazy talking animals
And so you had to ask a forum if it was decent?
Don't smash it. Unless it's your only guitar, you can sell it to someone else or try and trade it in for a better guitar. Did you even spend money on it?
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
Quote by failsaferemedy
And so you had to ask a forum if it was decent?
Don't smash it. Unless it's your only guitar, you can sell it to someone else or try and trade it in for a better guitar. Did you even spend money on it?

this forum was basically to see if anyone had ever even heard of the brand. i spent $100 on it as a starter kit. and i do have another guitar.
but couldn't say nothing

Peace out.
Quote by mrvile
I would probably take it apart and try to frankenstein that backwards strat out of it. You know, the one that people keep posting photos of which I'm pretty sure is just a photoshop. It would be cool to see that in real life

hehe sounds fun, i just dont know how to do that. sorry mate!
but couldn't say nothing

Peace out.
Dude that was my first guitar!

The Academy amp blown the **** out of my Dime Distrtion when I plugged it in and if I was you burn both of them (guitar and amp)
Last edited by Graveworm at Jul 10, 2008,
Quote by Graveworm
Dude that was my first guitar!

The Academy amp blow the **** out of my Dime Distrtion when I plugged it in and if I was you burn both of them (guitar and amp)

alright finally somebody knows how shi**y it is! thanks man
but couldn't say nothing

Peace out.
I've seen them go for 100 dollars also. They're complete ****, they're just for saying you own a guitar, or for a child to learn on, they'll crap out on you instantly, like you're try to strum an open e and it'll spontaneously combust. WARNING: MAY CAUSE 3rd DEGREE BURNS. Seriously you shouldnt buy those its not worth it. I know because i've tried them before.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.