Ive found a pretty good deal on a mesa studio preamp, if I were to get the preamp what type of power amp should I run it through? Im new to using preamps and power amps and have primarily just run used 100 watt tube heads, so any information on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
This is a great topic actually, as I have always been interested in preamps and power amps but no next to nothing about them and how they are set up, etc. I almost bought an ADA MP1 but figured I didn't know enough about them to try it out, kind of wishing I had bought it now.
Quote by suffersystem
This is a great topic actually, as I have always been interested in preamps and power amps but no next to nothing about them and how they are set up, etc. I almost bought an ADA MP1 but figured I didn't know enough about them to try it out, kind of wishing I had bought it now.

Exactly, I dont want to pass up a sweet piece of gear, but I also dont want to rush into buying something Im not going to know how to use.
Quote by Kevin Saale
A decent PA would work I think.

Is this what the signal path should look like?
Guitar>Preamp>Poweramp>Cab
And does anyone have any suggestions for a power amp, would a peavey classic 50/50 work?