Ok well I would label my self personally an intermediate-advanced player, I can play Jazz, Blues, Rock, Metal, I can play songs (including solos) like Creeping Death, Master of Puppets, Eugene's Trick Bag, Every Kill em All song(my band did a cover album), Battery, Eruption, Hot for Teacher, Panama, Sweet Child of Mine, etc etc etc.

Just trying to establish I'm not really a noob, I know guitar theory as well.

Anyways on to the problem, the main thing I didn't get taught when I was learning first to play guitar was to keep your fingers as close as you can to your fretboard, because I had a bad teacher, I ended up getting a better one, yadda yadda 4 years later I'm here. Well my fingers flail like mad, well only my pinky, it flips up all the time I'm finally noticing really bad with solo's with a lot of legato in them, it's really starting to piss me off, because no MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANNOT BREAK IT.

I went a whole 21 days playing as slow as I can with my fingers as close as I could to the fretboard, when I went to a high speed... boom fingers everywhere. I don't know what to try anymore, can anyone help me? It's been 46 days I've been trying to break this spending 2 hours a day at least of solid slow playing, please help me!

Sorry for the wall, thanks in advance.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Learn to play Scarified, that song forces you to use your pinky alot, you'll eventually get a strong accurate pinky from that, or just do a ton of Paul Gilbert style string skips, those huge pentatonic stretches will help your pinky.
This has nothing to do with my pinky strength, I force my self to use my pinky a lot and I'm just as strong with it as my other fingers, I use .12's, but anyways I'm talking about this gay problem I have, where my pinky just automatically flicks back for some reason.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

establish the speed at which your pinky does and doesnt flip up, then use a metronome adding like 10-15bpm at a time, only advancing when it doesnt flick up.

at slower speeds it prob doesnt go up as you are changing muscles when you play fast.

if you get this prob sorted, you would have an over all "technique (more or a style)" that would be well rounded, with minimal flaws.

(basically, you wouldnt even tense up, no matter how fast you play)
*Enter Sig Here*