i just got my new boss me-50 effects pedal and its time i put it to use.
for instence is there any website i could go to the says like "every" effect that a certain song has?
like for the love of god steve vai. yeah theres reverb and delay, but just to perfect the sound, is there anyway to find out all of the effects, if you know what im talking please help, thanks.
I would worry more about playing than effects. Even if you had every effect perfectly many songs (especially For the Love of God) are still going to sound terrible if your playing is off.

A song like For the Love of God sounds so amazing not because of the effects but because of Steve Vai's hands...
Quote by T!AN
I would worry more about playing than effects. Even if you had every effect perfectly many songs (especially For the Love of God) are still going to sound terrible if your playing is off.

A song like For the Love of God sounds so amazing not because of the effects but because of Steve Vai's hands...

yeah i knew someone would bring that up. i assure you guys that i can play it good even on clean... thats what i practice on.
well if u have the song all down, i always play like this

Clean Channel Effects
-Really Small Reverb
-Chorus or Flanger, never both, cause it just overdoes the wavyness
-Little Delay, like when it repeats a noite once, but its not really loud when repeated, only at soft levels for reapeat

Distorted Channel
-No Reverb
-Distorion Pedals, duh lol
-Flanger, (only for 80's rock and stuff, for the chords and solos, especially Def Leppard)
-Delay, keep it slight during verses and suff, but keep it at reasonable repeats during solos
-Fuzz, maybe to just, get that extra fuzz for the distortion
- When I wanna get a feedback out of a sustained note, i slowly turn the volume knob up,

So that's bout it, effects are, and aren't really noticeable, like did you know, Enter Sandman uses chorus and delay in the clean part of the intro?

there ya go
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)