Hi, everyone! i just logged on cuz i have a strange problem.. when i play certain things with large stretches in them, bends or even just normal playing i get this weird cracking feeling in my fretting hand, knuckles or fingers.. it doesnt hurt or anything its just annoying and i was wondering(since i couldn't find anything on the internet about it) if i should be concerned.. one of theories i have is since i've been working as a labourer and lifting heavy objects that im just screwing with my fingers and knuckles causing them to crack or(since i've had no formal guitar traing)is this just bad form... OR is it because i have only played for about 9 monthes now and its some kind of way my hand is ajusting to playing guitar..

I'd really appreciate the input because this just started like a week ago and is kinda scaring me, and i LOVE playing guitar and wouldn't want to have to stop...

Thanks in Advance, Kolby
ahhh.. i would definitely see a doctor

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Digitech RP100
Kustom RC30
Jazz III picks

Quote by Jaysifer
well i just got owned *hats off to rocktolive*

Quote by restless_thrash
goodness, rocktolive! that's the most intelligent thing i've heard in the pit since Jackal58 came up with sliced e-cookie!
Quote by rocktolive
ahhh.. i would definitely see a doctor

Quote by boreamor
It could be air bubbles in your joints cracking. I have it in both hands. It's harmless.

welcome to the pit, where the advice leaves you even more confused then when you entered
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

This might help...

I found this article interesting, will let you know what the effects on your body/joints when cracking(popping) joints.

Sounds to me like because you are using your hands lots (lifting heavy objects) that you are conditioning the joints to build up large amounts of synovial fluid.

Then when you do less stressed stuff, like playing guitar, your hands aren't use to the pushing, as they are used to the pulling.

Not a doctor, just my theory
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Quote by boreamor
Pit =/= Doctor.

It's the least we can do

Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.