I like Bass, and if push ever came to shove, I would play bass....(if my guitars got chopped up in a huge evil blender)...and i got some bass skills, but how would it come to look for a Bassist? Where are there hideouts? where do they "Hang 10"?

we all have 3 bands already and spend most of our time in our drug dealer's basements.
is that a good answer?
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
how do you find a good guitar player? however way you go about doing that is the same as a bass player, we're no different in that aspect, hide your ignorance.
Quote by StealthyHayze
Youve contradicted yourself.... GOOD and BASSIST dont usually work together.

o i c wat u did thar.
if u want a bassist, pick a friend of urs thats really really shy, and if its really into music, it'll play bass for u, if it doesnt, ask for ur money back
Quote by StealthyHayze
Youve contradicted yourself.... GOOD and BASSIST dont usually work together.

eat a dick this anti bass crap is just ****ing stupid
that was a very pit answer go back there and stay out of the musician ads
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by mosh_face
we all have 3 bands already and spend most of our time in our drug dealer's basements.
is that a good answer?

I dont know....is that you or the drugs talking?
MichaelEMJAYARE
Quote by assparade69
o i c wat u did thar.

Weid Killz brien cellz u no...I c wat u meen, grammar kix arse
MichaelEMJAYARE
A good bass player is a hard thing to find; they're rare enough as it is but GOOD ones...if you find one make sure you treat him/her well, they're like gold dust.

As for how you'd go about finding one I think the best thing you can do is put up signs and cards in music shops and things and keep your eyes open while you're in music shops.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
A good bass player is a hard thing to find; they're rare enough as it is but GOOD ones...if you find one make sure you treat him/her well, they're like gold dust.

As for how you'd go about finding one I think the best thing you can do is put up signs and cards in music shops and things and keep your eyes open while you're in music shops.

wow thats gay, are we back in the 80s or something?
Quote by Lrn2play
wow thats gay, are we back in the 80s or something?

no its true, barely any competant musicians use ug.
Well, go to some local music store. Most have advertising boards up, many times there are people looking to start a band. Or, you could post your own up there. Just stick up an e-mail or phone number, place a preferred age minimum/max for the bassist (that is optional, however most do place a preferred age), and just say a bit about yourself, band, genre of music, blah blah blah.
You get it.

Good luck.
Quote by PoodlePoofer
Well, go to some local music store. Most have advertising boards up, many times there are people looking to start a band. Or, you could post your own up there. Just stick up an e-mail or phone number, place a preferred age minimum/max for the bassist (that is optional, however most do place a preferred age), and just say a bit about yourself, band, genre of music, blah blah blah.
You get it.

Good luck.

How far did you have to dig to find this thread, seriously? It's like 3 months old.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Wow I can't believe that I'm a bass player and I can't find a band and there's people complaining about a lack of them... have you checked caves in forests lately?

Nah anyway I wish there was good bands in Aus... MIA right at the moment...