Hey everyone. I have possibly the stupidest question known to man, so propare yourself. Should I get a Bugera 6260/6262-212 now, or the Peavey 6505 later? I have the money for a bugera, but would need to save sum more money to get the 6505. I jam with friends, do small giggs, but mostly beadroom practice. I mite need a nois gate or attuendor(however you spell that) for the 6505, because as someone put it, its like buying a corvette and driving 30mph. So i will more likely need something to get the more saturated sound. I dont know if i would kneed something like this for the bugera(any sugestions) So i would like to keep the expences to a low as far as the attuender and/or noise gate. I play heavey stuff and am not huge on cleans (although i like to play some classicul stuff at times(but dont need cleans for gigging)) I play stuff like as blood runs black, lamb of god, killswitch engage, job for a cowboy, slayer, slipknot... so i dont need cleans much as far as the 6505 is concerned(as long as it can play at low volumes)So what should i do? Is the 6505 worth paying the extra $ for or should i stick with the 6260/6262(if one of these what would you recomend) Scince the 6260 is based on the 6505, it would make sence that they sound simelar. Im not concerned about quality issues with the 6260/6262 scince you can get the 1 year warrinty. So what should i do?
Sorry for the long post, just needed to get my point across.
Thanks everyone
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Buy a used 5150 now best of both worlds......

exactly what i was gonna say
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I would i honestly cant find any used anywhere, i live in sault ste. marie ontario, and there is no anything used here
I havent played the 62 series from bugera, but i have played the 6505 and that thing is a beast. I basically sat in GC for 2 hours on a stool just noodlin with the amp. So id personally go with the 6505. Partially because im a Peavey lover and the 6505 would have better construction and components then the cheaper bugera. But then again i hear the 62 series are pretty good. So i say try both of them out.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
If you play Heavy Metal then you don't WANT tube saturation. It's all pre-amp distortion. So you won't need an attenuator. I doubt you would need a noise gate unless you are playing with a single coil guitar. But trying them out would be a good idea.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Chance125
If you play Heavy Metal then you don't WANT tube saturation. It's all pre-amp distortion. So you won't need an attenuator. I doubt you would need a noise gate unless you are playing with a single coil guitar. But trying them out would be a good idea.

what.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
5150/6505 combo used, and you can always check ebay if theres none near you. if you do paypal its pretty safe so you wouldnt get jipped. theres always 5150 combos on there for around $500-$700, why get the imitator(Bugera) when you can get the real thing?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
The "imitator" is not truly an imitation. They changed some key elements in the design, including adding an adjustable bias, which takes away the extra fizz from the sound. I did a side by side with a Bugera 6260 212 and a used 5150 combo. I kept trying to talk myself out of the Bugera. But in a blind test, using my ears, the Bugera won....and 22 gigs later, I couldn't be happier. I will have studio clips of it next week
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge