I see the cord kind of folded up against the back of the guitar in a lot of live performances. Is it tied or something?
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar
not sure what you mean.

but i think you mean its been threaded behind the guitar strap. this is just to keep it out the way
some people use painters tape just so your lead doesnt get yanked out
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Edit:and where is that report button, everytime i wanna use it it is gone

2th edit: and dont even think of sigging that
Quote by spark29
I see the cord kind of folded up against the back of the guitar in a lot of live performances. Is it tied or something?

its looped through the strap, so it doesn't get pull out of the guitar.

a VERY good habit to get into.
A lot of people (myself included) thread their cables through their straps. This is to keep it out of the way so you don't step on it and accidentally pull it out of the guitar onstage.

I did that once.
Quote by johnrocco151991
some people use painters tape just so your lead doesnt get yanked out

Yeah I do that, except not with tape...I'm not sure why anyone would, not saying they don't, when you could simply put it through your strap before pluging into your guitar.
Its to prevent the guitar from being unplugged unexpectedly! Nothing is worse then pulling off a sweet back flip off your giant amp only to have your cable fall out when you slam the next power chord.
How do you thread it through?
Quote by divinecrossfire

step 7: run out the door towards your buddy and turn off the lights, all whilst fapping furiously with one hand, doing the "princess diana wave" with the other, and screaming "THEN WE SHALL FIGHT IN THE DARK!!!!!"
you just pull it through between the guitar and the strap, so it gets stuck by friction between the body of the guitar and the end of the strap.
Been away, am back
or you can do what i do and take one of those velcro cable straps and strap it to your belt loop. works better if you have to switch guitars.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by Logz
you just pull it through between the guitar and the strap, so it gets stuck by friction between the body of the guitar and the end of the strap.

Thanks. I have a two-piece strap, so at that end there's only a strip of leather and no holes to put it through like on some nylon sliding straps, so I was a bit confused.
Quote by divinecrossfire

step 7: run out the door towards your buddy and turn off the lights, all whilst fapping furiously with one hand, doing the "princess diana wave" with the other, and screaming "THEN WE SHALL FIGHT IN THE DARK!!!!!"