Page 1 of 2
ok so i emailed the guy for closer up pcis and a story heres what he sent me:

"Here are some close-ups of the flaws. Other than the appearance, It plays like a
dream. There's also a sticker on the body which can be removed if so desired.
The headstock broke about 5 years ago, which i find to be an amusing story. At the end
of one of my band's shows, I threw it down directly on the head and snapped it off. I'm
a certified guitar luthier, so within two days I had it sounding better than it ever had
before. The only reason I'm selling it for so cheap is because of the seams where it had
broken, but I've played shows and recorded albums with it ever since and for some reason
the sound seems to be better than before I broke it. Anyways, here are some close-ups of
what the seams look like.
Please let me know what you think,
ben"

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
hmmm... it "broke" just enough for him to replace the name on the headstock...

idk, ive never seen a Gibby like that though
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Andrew128900
Ask him to let you play it.

yeah, he sounds like he'll let me do anything with it

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
^then give it a real good inspection
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
i really dont know why i seem like if i buy this and it turns out to be crap i wont be worried...i mean $300 is a lot of money...i have plenty of guitar selections for that..but something about it's 'worn & scratched' appearance draws me to it..almost like, its 'vintage'

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Looks like a scam to me.... I dunno. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Holy crap i thought it got fixed. Steer away from that... If i buy a Gibson i don't want to see big cracks.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Think of it this way. When will you ever be able to get a Gibson SG for 300 ever again.
If it plays fine, buy it.
Wow. i would never ever buy a guitar with a broken head stock. and it looks like An epiphone g310 with a gibson head stock thingy. ebay? i saw a black gibson special and amp sell for $400, and it wasnt broken.
You should play it in person. If it plays great, feels great and sounds great, it's a great deal.

Who cares if the headstock really did break, anyway? You can always just paint over it if it bothers you that much.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I would definitely not buy that. Even the seller's comment/letter to you sounds suspicious... As if he just desperately wants to get it off his hands and make a quick $300.

I could be wrong, but it just doesn't sound like a good buy. And the condition of it looks like it will probably fall apart soon anyway...
Quote by AeroRocker
hmmm... it "broke" just enough for him to replace the name on the headstock...

idk, ive never seen a Gibby like that though

That's exactly what I thought, about the headstock.

The body itself looks like an Epi G310. The vintage white one:

idk, it just seems really fishy.
So yeah, he broke the headstock off of this Epiphone .....and then for some reason, a mere coincidence perhaps, he had a Gibson that broke in exactly the same way so he decided to...blah, blah, blah.....and for some reason no one has seems an SG like this before??? Don't get out much or what?
Quote by flamingmarble27

It does, but the G310 has a bolt-on neck, while this guitar has a set-neck.
I say NO GO, because **** that headstock is completely trashed, even if he is a certified luthier that headstock is super ****ed and any luthier (who also plays) would just put a new neck on or do a much better job than that, personally, that looks like some random kid trying to scam someone, the headstock broke off and he added a gibson one crappily done.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
You see it, the headstock seems much cleaner/not exact color from the little crack. I guess it's because it's not the same headstock as the original. I'm pretty skeptical about this offer.

EDIT : And what kind of bastard would throw a Gibson directly to the head ?
Last edited by metalgirl0 at Jul 11, 2008,
Tough choice dude. As far as broken headstocks go, one of mine has been repaired at it plays and sounds fine.

Quote by metalgirl0
EDIT : And what kind of bastard would throw a Gibson directly to the head ?

The same one that would slap a sticker on it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I do think that is a legitimate Gibson SG Special, but I still wouldn't go anywhere near it. That guitar is absolutely thrashed. Considering you can get one of those for $600 new, $300 isn't that great of a deal once you take into account the freakin' cracked headstock.
Quote by kai29
i wouldn't even touch that if i were you

i agree.............it may play good now then 6 months down the road it falls apart. you have a $300 paperweight. even if it is legit no way.
He's lying to you.

No doubt.

For 3 bills you can get a quality new axe.

Is having "Gibson" on your guitar that important to you that you'd take a hunk of garbage at an inflated price?

Save up for a new authentic SG if the name is that important. Holy crap...
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
dude it looks like he gluded it on STAY AWAY either its some cheap chinese guitar or its a gibby with a broken head stock STAW AWAY.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
the thing cant stay in tune perfectly. and an epi g310 has a bolt on neck, this guitar has a set neck. the g400 has a set neck, but it has trapazoid inlay, not dot. so im thinkin he bought it used for 600, he ****ed it all up, and dropped 300 to sell it.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
theres a difference between worn-in "vintage" and straight trashed.

this is trashed IMO
there is couple flaws here and there,

first off. that is by the far the worst headstock repair i ever seen, he didn't even take the decency to paint the white part black to cover up the mess.

secondly, as far as i know gibson never released a white sg special. unless is a custom order. but chances of that being a custom is .0000000001 percent.

if i were you i would just go get a schecter or a epiphone. right now gibson is just selling their logo. all the new gibson guitars are crap to decent. only couple of them i played from 2005 and under were pretty outstanding.
Last edited by kckyle at Jul 11, 2008,
Oh yeah, I love the part where the seller is like:

"I don't know why, but it actually sounds better now after the headstock broke."

ROFL @ Epic Phayle on attempted scam.

Stay away from that guitar dude!
^honestly .... thats like saying
"ya dude um... ya...the pickups kinda fell out..but um...ya sounds EVEN BETTER than having them...so um... ya...but it..."
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
If it was a Standard, I'd say yes, but it's a Special, so... no.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by Dav23
He's lying to you.

No doubt.

For 3 bills you can get a quality new axe.

Is having "Gibson" on your guitar that important to you that you'd take a hunk of garbage at an inflated price?

Save up for a new authentic SG if the name is that important. Holy crap...

You sound like a complete prick >_>. Even though the seller's comments are pretty fishy.. and i'd recommend you stay away from it, when did the TS ever talk about wanting "Gibson" on his guitar? Assuming the guitar is fine(real) and the rough dings don't affect the tonal capabilities, who are you to say its a hunk of garbage? Do you go for looks first when you buy a guitar?
It probably is a real deal but man that break I doubt I would buy it,I'd rather buy a new Epi SG before that thing honestly.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Quote by flamingmarble27

look at the bridge/tailpiece placement, that's where the actual Gibbo's bridge is.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
wow if you can sell that thing for $300 than good for you. I would probably buy it for no more than $200-$250 only cause I can't be certain that it is a real Gibson SG, and if it will last more than a year.
Quote by bjovi400
the thing cant stay in tune perfectly. and an epi g310 has a bolt on neck, this guitar has a set neck. the g400 has a set neck, but it has trapazoid inlay, not dot. so im thinkin he bought it used for 600, he ****ed it all up, and dropped 300 to sell it.

or maybe an older g310, or something similar
also i dont think the g310 looks diferent from normal SGs such as G400, maybe its a old gibson model
anyways TS verify with serial number of the guitar
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Page 1 of 2