Page 1 of 4
Alright, I was watching Super Nanny the other day and I noticed how god damn ridiculous parenting is getting. A few examples:

They had a 'snack box'. Your child picks three snacks to put in this box, and at the scheduled time they take out one to eat. What the hell is up with this? I'm only seventeen, but "when I was a kid", if I was hungry, I'd get something out of the refrigerator or the ****ting cupboard. I didn't need a box to dictate what and when I ate.

Second, the naughty cube. It's a cube-shaped seat the child sits on when they misbehave. They sit on this for a certain period of time. What the ****? When the children were set on this box, they simply got up and walked away. The parents, eventually, almost started to cry they were so frustrated. Just threaten your kid with a belt, show them YOU are the parent and YOU run the show. Parents these days are sissies. Well, the ones you see on television.

Third...well, I don't even have a third one. Just to say that kids these days are generally rude, inattentive, and wayyyyy too needy. And it bugs the living hell out of me. I don't know why, it just does.

tl;dr: Too bad, read it.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Alright, I was watching Super Nanny the other day and I noticed how god damn ridiculous parenting is getting. A few examples:

They had a 'snack box'. Your child picks three snacks to put in this box, and at the scheduled time they take out one to eat. What the hell is up with this? I'm only seventeen, but "when I was a kid", if I was hungry, I'd get something out of the refrigerator or the ****ting cupboard. I didn't need a box to dictate what and when I ate.

Second, the naughty cube. It's a cube-shaped seat the child sits on when they misbehave. They sit on this for a certain period of time. What the ****? When the children were set on this box, they simply got up and walked away. The parents, eventually, almost started to cry they were so frustrated. Just threaten your kid with a belt, show them YOU are the parent and YOU run the show. Parents these days are sissies. Well, the ones you see on television.

Third...well, I don't even have a third one. Just to say that kids these days are generally rude, inattentive, and wayyyyy too needy. And it bugs the living hell out of me. I don't know why, it just does.

Children are raised by Government standards now and not by discipline. They should learn the way they used to do it. Do something wrong, and get punished. It's behavioural conditioning. Doing something wrong and getting told to sit on a cube just doesn't cut it.
People have been saying "kids these days" for 3000 years. You were probably the same, just too much of a dumb ass to realize.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
People have been saying "kids these days" for 3000 years. You were probably the same, just too much of a dumb ass to realize.

Nope. I actually was well behaved, my parents didn't need any techniques or any of that crap. They told me what was expected of me and I did it.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Second, the naughty cube. It's a cube-shaped seat the child sits on when they misbehave. They sit on this for a certain period of time. What the ****? When the children were set on this box, they simply got up and walked away. The parents, eventually, almost started to cry they were so frustrated.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
I agree completely. What happend to a good ol a** whooping?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Nope. I actually was well behaved, my parents didn't need any techniques or any of that crap. They told me what was expected of me and I did it.

Well, you obviously missed out on the fun of being a child. I was the most stubborn little **** ever.

My point is don't think you're the first to say it, if I remember Socrates said the same thing, or Aristotle. I dunno, someone from those times anyway. Kids have been "getting increasingly rude" since the dawn of time. We can't change it.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Colgate Total
Well, you obviously missed out on the fun of being a child. I was the most stubborn little **** ever.

My point is don't think you're the first to say it, if I remember Socrates said the same thing, or Aristotle. I dunno, someone from those times anyway. Kids have been "getting increasingly rude" since the dawn of time. We can't change it.

Very true... if only we could. It's just kind of bothersome when you're at a place like a restaurant and loud, obnoxious children act up and generally make a scene.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3

I was an asshole kid until like 5th grade or so... my mom even put me on a leash when I was little

But seriously, kids need assbeatings, not time-out.

Also, your tl;dr thing... it actually convinced me to read it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by ugsusheyftef
LOL.
anyone seen that south park episode, when the nany visits cartman?

The dog whisperer .

Leashes, neck pinching, etc. Very funny episode.

edit: boreamor
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Yeah, this is because people let books and every other person with an opinion and enough money to market it raise their children. People need to take pride in raising their children by their own standards and not just follow some stupid guidelines.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
it is becasue of the lack of masculine influence in a childs life(divorce, knockin up ur girlfriend). the dad is the hunter and the mom is the caretaker. it was like this for years. now nothing against women in the workplace, but they can not do BOTH efficiently. if u raise a child with one parent, then u dont see things from the others point of view, it is unbalanced. there r just more single moms raising kids than dads.

o and alot of married men with kids have had their ****ing nuts removed and let their kid do whatever they want.

im no Leykis fan, nor did i get this from Bill Cosby saying young black men need to be responsible with their families, but i really do think this is an issue today
Kids need to stop existing.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
i agree with you
kids these days are way to spoiled
even though im 16 i cant stand younger kids anymore if you have one that is annoying on the bus and you hit you get in trouble at school
WTF?
they are way to SPOILED!
i for example work for my money on a farm i dont ask my mommy for everything
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Honestly, when I was a kid, I got spanked if I did something horrible, or grounded. This whole thing is stupid, and parents need to go back to the way things were. If abuse is illegal, then the whole prison system needs to be looked at and re-evaluated carefully.

Or, if kids were raised properly and occasionally smacked with a belt on their keesters, maybe we wouldn't need prisons anyways.
Quote by jemocam
when i have kids, i would use phyisical punishment.

Way to make your kid hate you.

Physical punishment does nothing.

My parents beat my ass until it was numb, I was still an arrogant little prick.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Well I think the main reason that parents these days don't beat their kids is because kids these days know more about the world through the TV, internet, etc so if a parent beat a kid the kid could just go to the police. Around here a parent got mad at they're 6 year old and left him alone in the house. He was mad at the parent so he called the police to ask a math question and the police said, "why don't you ask your parents?" He said he was alone and the police arrested the parents and sent them to jail for a year.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Parents should never demand respect but earn respect from their children.

Unfortunately, nobody respects anybody in today's society.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3

Oh shut up.

Aren't these children the product of people who were raised the way you spoke of?
Quote by sixhundredsix
Parents should never demand respect but earn respect from their children.

Unfortunately, nobody respects anybody in today's society.

True that.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Oh shut up.

Aren't these children the product of people who were raised the way you spoke of?

Yes, but I think parenting as a whole has changed with the last generation. I don't know why, but it just seems like it has. Parents aren't applying THEIR OWN methods of parenting, or what they think is best. They follow what they see on TV, read in books or magazines by what 'experts' tell them.
I'd like to point out that these kids are on tv because their behavior was so bad that their parents contacted the show. Their actions are probably not indicative of the majority of little kids.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Everyone says that. Plus, these parents and children are on TV for a reason.
Quote by boreamor
You mean the Dog Whisperer?

He drives two nannies insane first.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Xp3ns1v3

2nd and 3rd FTW. +50

I hate it when kids act completely idiotic and the parents stand there shaking their head, as if they got no way of controlling their kid.
xxx

Let the bodies hit the floor.
"Just threaten your kid with a belt, show them YOU are the parent and YOU run the show. Parents these days are sissies. Well, the ones you see on television"

Thats kinda the point, ever really watch a reality show were the parent just open's a can of whoop ass on the kid? Some christian family whould **** there pants right there and call child services.
Nudedragon fan.
Quote by Coldiscool
"Just threaten your kid with a belt, show them YOU are the parent and YOU run the show. Parents these days are sissies. Well, the ones you see on television"

Thats kinda the point, ever really watch a reality show were the parent just open's a can of whoop ass on the kid? Some christian family whould **** there pants right there and call child services.

Why Christian? I hope anyone who saw a parent "open a can of whoop ass" on their kid would get reported.

Discipline =/= Whoop ass. In the metaphoric sense. It is in the literal sense.
My parents whooped my ass sometimes when I was being a real jerk as a kid.

Personally, I'm glad they did. Cause then they'd come back, gimme a hug, explain WHY they did it and I'd get it sooner or later. I still love them, and I don't really have any problems or self-esteem issues.....I think.
xxx

Let the bodies hit the floor.
Christian family was the example fitting in the stereotype that there all strict, prim and proper. Example: the family at the beginning of that tenacious D movie.

I'm just saying tv is not showing how families run things usually.
Nudedragon fan.
Last edited by Coldiscool at Jul 11, 2008,
Well, My ass was Shooped and whooped, And i still love em, But realy, Kick ther little asses, I mean if ur lucky they mite ever be shaped liek footballs, Haha

I was in a reasterant once and i startewd to trow a fit, I was like 3 and my mom took me out the door and did some parenting, I see Parents now, Just look at the floor and let the kid throw its fit, I mean who the F**CK divided by Zero on parenting?
B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST. (modded)
Gibson les paul studio, Re-finished
Crate Bv120 half stack
Boss BCB-60 Pb
Dunlop, Cry baby Wah-Wah
Boss Ds-1
Boss Dlues driver
Boss Giga delay.

Dark side of the moon < The wall
ITT: Dern whippersnappers back in mah day we didn't need to be babysitted!
Page 1 of 4