I think it goes without saying these guys are really awesome, I casually listened to them as a kid, but now I want some full album material.

What would you guys recommend for me to start out with?
Anything thrash or semi-thrash related goes to the Thrash Thread .
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Persistence of Time, Fistful of Metal, Spreading the Disease, Among the Living... if you really love them buy state of euphoria also.

... or just buy Anthrology: No Hit Wonders with Fistful of Metal and that should have all the best songs from all of those albums.

or go to the Thrash thread and ask them.
Among The Living is a great album.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I like all Belladonna Anthrax stuff. Everything after Joey left, just wasn't Anthrax.
Anthrax is awesome I like ''Among The Living'', ''Spreding The Disease, and ''Persistence of Time'' the best, The John Bush era aint bad either but He is much better in Armored Saint. I met Frank Bello and new singer Dan Nelson they are very cool guys.
^ yea i also met frank and dan on two occasions, once at an anthrax meet and greet and another time at frank's bass clinic. they were deffinately the coolest out of all the members at the meet and greet.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Yeah man I was at the bass clinic then I met Dan at a music store called Looney Tunes I went to get the Motley Crue album and he was there weird I also had my Anthrax shirt so it was funny he is really cool talked for like 10 mins. I was the dude with Maiden t shirt there at the clinic if that helps haha I was with my 2 sisters
ive actualy never listened to them, i like metallica/megadeth, should i check out anthrax?
Quote by Cranker
ive actualy never listened to them, i like metallica/megadeth, should i check out anthrax?

I guess. I think they are pretty mediocre. I don't think they are as good as Metallica or Megadeth, but they are good for a listen every now and then. Check out Among the Living if you want to hear some good stuff from.
^ yea among the living and spreading the disease are probably their best stuff. i used to think they were mediocre as well, but they really are a great band. not as good 'tallica and 'deth IMO, but still very good.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by padsave17
I like all Belladonna Anthrax stuff. Everything after Joey left, just wasn't Anthrax.

+1/2
I have only heard a few 90's era songs by them, didn't like them as much. Joey Belladonna was awesome at singing, showed that thrash didn't have to growl to sound heavy and great, as they were kinda upbeat too. Scott Ian is an awesome rhythm guitarist.