For a year now I've planned on being an electrician for a living. I'm even taking a 2 year high school course for it. Now, I don't really feel like making a living off of that. I don't know what to do now. I'd like to be able to play bass for a living, I don't know where I'd start with that though. I know I have the skill and ability to play in a big band.

I just would like some suggestions on things I could do after high school that ISN'T a career or job, but I could still live and have a good life and keep me busy.

I'd also like to know, if I were to audition playing bass somewhere, where would I start?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Adds saying you're a hired gun.

A lot of bands need bassists nowadays, too much damned guitarists. Also, learn to read sheet music if you already haven't.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Work on wind turbines. The son of my mother's friend made $10,000 over the summer apparently, he's in college I believe. Not bad for that age.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Joe-Fish
For a year now I've planned on being an electrician for a living. I'm even taking a 2 year high school course for it. Now, I don't really feel like making a living off of that. I don't know what to do now. I'd like to be able to play bass for a living, I don't know where I'd start with that though. I know I have the skill and ability to play in a big band.

Fail. Do you have any idea how good the money is? Of course you do.

I just would like some suggestions on things I could do after high school that ISN'T a career or job, but I could still live and have a good life and keep me busy.

Pretty much nothing.

If you want good money, stick with the electrician thing. It's not like it's going to stop you from playing bass. You just won't play bass for a living.
Quote by archangels666
Fail. Do you have any idea how good the money is? Of course you do.

Pretty much nothing.

If you want good money, stick with the electrician thing. It's not like it's going to stop you from playing bass. You just won't play bass for a living.

The money isn't SUPER awesome or anything. I just think it will be boring to do for a living. I'm not worried about money that much, just being happy with what I do for a living.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Colgate Total
Adds saying you're a hired gun.

A lot of bands need bassists nowadays, too much damned guitarists. Also, learn to read sheet music if you already haven't.

If you're a decent bassist and not an asshole you'll gig every week but it dont hurt to have a "day job" bro.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by Joe-Fish
The money isn't SUPER awesome or anything. I just think it will be boring to do for a living. I'm not worried about money that much, just being happy with what I do for a living.

I know exactly where you're coming from, but you just can't let your job take over your life.

And yes, the money IS super awesome. Electricians are in the same category as plumbers. Housecalls = absurd overcharging.
I'm kind of in the same boat, I have no idea what to do for a career and although I'd like to do something guitar or even music related it's not easy.
Where in New York if your close to the city you'll probably find some band easily. I did. I actually went through 15.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage