Poll: Are you a passionate musician?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you a passionate musician?
Yes
114 92%
No
10 8%
Voters: 124.
Just wanted to know how many guys here are really into the music they play. If your parents or someone else forced you to learn to play an instrument, that's no passion.

If you want to make music for the rest of your life then you're passionate. If you play just for the fun of it that's not passionate.

Just wanted to know if you guys here are really serious or just for show.
If you play for fun you can have passion, hell, i like to think that im passionate, but i also play for fun.
I refuse to put anything that masturbates my ego in my sig.
my mom tells me to turn it up all the time =] i love playing for people. nothing better than playing a gig in front of a corwd or just playing for your family. i love music and playing the guitar.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Recently I've gotten really into my band. Following a number of successful gigs and a recording opportunity, I'm actually starting to consider being a musician as a plausible career choice
I'd like to think so. No one really likes when I play, but oh well. I love it...
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I didn't start out completely insane about guitar,
but noone forced me to start but me,
and now its all I ever do.

So yeah
Yes, but I'm not one of those guys that goes on and on saying "Music is my life, my soul, my air, food, water and love". That seriously annoys me.
honestly, music is just one of many hobbies and interests i have. i do enjoy music, but it's not my whole life.
I lost my passion for it, now it's just a hobby. Blame high school though, if I slacked a bit more, I'd probably still have that flame I used to rather than studying all day.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Since I've been involved in music since 3rd grade... and I'm now 20... Yeah.

Music is really all I know. And I love it.
Yea, i find it hard to keep a conversation now with someone who doesnt know anything about music.
Nudedragon fan.
how could ya not be passionate about music, music is everywhere in our lives and inspires us to do so many things
Quote by The Madcap
Yes, but I'm not one of those guys that goes on and on saying "Music is my life, my soul, my air, food, water and love". That seriously annoys me.

YES. Especially if they have been playing a few months, cause most of the time thats when they say it. I understand when someone says for a career they will take most anything related to music, but when someone says "Music is my life" and then barely knows or listens to any of it I get angered.
So if you just play for the fun, that's not passion? Isn't that the only time that it is truly passion? When you're playing completely and utterly for yourself? That seems like real passion to me. I guarantee you Hendrix, Clapton, Vai, Satch, and any other guitarist that people tend to worship played for fun.

EDIT: My bad, I missed the question. Yes, I've very passionate about my music. I put a massive amount of time into my playing each day (Alas, it is summer now, and it won't last long). It's my favorite thing to do.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Its completely ruined most of my conversational skills, because i always seem to find myself talking about music Gets annoying when im trying to talk to girls especiall haha. But yes, im very passionate and i'd like to have a career in music, either in a band or as an engineer in a studio.
Well I'm not extremely passionate about playing guitar. I like to play it for fun and learn new stuff and perfect it and stuff, but I don't want to make a living out of it to get famous or anything. I mean I can see myself playing at a few small gigs just for fun, but I won't go all out and quit school/a normal job to play music 4 lyfe. So I can handle being a part time musician with a good job.

I'm terrible at explaining things...basically...i'm passionate about music, not being a full time musician.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I practice bagpipe 2-3 hours at least per day, it is something I want to get really good at. Guitar is something I enjoy and want to get better at, but I'm not completely into it. I'm also very passionate about trumpet playing, but don't practice it much because my trumpet is in need of major repairs.
id like to think im passionate about my playing. i dont really like to play in front of people, simply because they dont really listen when i do. that really frustrates me.
There is nothing in the world more rewarding than composing. And the rush that comes from being on stage.

And I just love to show off.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I am very passionate about player guitar and writing songs. It's actually the thing I'm most passionate about in my life.
I live for music. It is the only creative outlet that I have any skill in expressing myself.
I am really passionate about music. Granted I suck but I still love playing especially for people. When I play and people clap or tell me I'm good it's the best feeling in the world. There's nothing like it.
Quote by bradulator
Well I'm not extremely passionate about playing guitar. I like to play it for fun and learn new stuff and perfect it and stuff, but I don't want to make a living out of it to get famous or anything. I mean I can see myself playing at a few small gigs just for fun, but I won't go all out and quit school/a normal job to play music 4 lyfe. So I can handle being a part time musician with a good job.

I'm terrible at explaining things...basically...i'm passionate about music, not being a full time musician.

+1

Leavin' the band when I'm 18 to become a monster truck driver

Last edited by EJD at Jul 11, 2008,
Music is my ONLY passion. I am 100% dedicated to it, in fact, I'm going to my guitar lesson on my birthday, instead of going to a Chinese restaurant.

There is NOTHING like the feeling you get after you play your music to your audience and have everybody cheer for you. I love it.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Jul 11, 2008,
Yes and no.

Quote by bradulator

Similar situation here, but if i'm given the opportunity to make it big, i'll drop uni for a few years and take that chance. Uni's been the backup plan so far in case i crash and burn...or at least i'll be making money on the side so i don't sell out as hard in the music career :P