has this happened with you guys? it's definitely not surprising anymore to hear nirvana, soundgarden, alice in chains, heck even green day on the CR station where i live.

to be honest, i'm kind of glad they put these kind of songs on the rotation. it gets old VERY fast hearing the same 300-400 songs over and over again and it's nice to get some songs i wouldn't think of hearing (at least for a while).
yep, lots of Pearl Jam. It's pretty cool. I'd rather hear them than Bad Company.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
My classic rock station is really good with the artists they play. They have something on the website called artist essentials. The essentials are the ones they play a lot. My only complaint that they don't have Rush listed as an "essential."

But I would never hear Nirvana on my station...
I haven't listened a lot lately, but Nights with Alice Cooper has usually been great whenever I've listened. He's done some King Crimson, Traffic, even a Japanese band that covered Hey Joe (I think they were called the Golden Cups or something).

And then the mornings are sometimes blues or blues-rock, and I've heard some Eric Johnson....

But the middle of the day is usually the standard CR radio tracks. No modern ones, though, unless it's a CR band that came out with new material.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Occasionally I hear some Black Crowes, but thats it really,
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
^^I would be if they played something other then Hard to Handle.

I don't listen to the radio anymore, but I've heard Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the Chili Peppers plenty of times on our local Classic Rock station. Haven't really heard too much other modern stuff on that station though.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Since the Black Crowes did a concert in our city about a month ago, the CR station here has been playing She Talks to Angels nonstop. I think they're pissed because the Crowes didn't perform that song during the concert.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Last edited by Iron_Dude at Jul 11, 2008,
Quote by BrainDamage
^^I would be if they played something other then Hard to Handle.

Actually, I havent heard that yet. I've heard She Talks To Angels, Jealous Again, and Twice As Hard, that I can remember.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
^^Twice As Hard is still great, but I'm just about sick of Angels and Jealous Again. That being said, I do have a piano-driven acoustic She Talks To Angels B-side that is much better then the original release.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Well my station has begun playing U2 and The Black Crowes (Remedy and Jealous Again so far), but I haven't heard any grunge just yet.
Hey, I'm Mike.
to hear pearl jam and other assorted 90's bands; means that these bands will probably be groomed into "legendary" rock, it could be good or bad depends on you. However, my station has a cookie-cutter format, every blue moon playing something relativly obscure: e.g, monkey man, traffic, blind faith, 2112...they claim to have a huge library....but they are scared to lose what is already a good thing, to them this is reliable listeners, and therfore more $$$
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
I have heard Creed on my station..BLEH!!
GEAR

VOX AC15 / AC4
Fender MIM Sunburst Strat
epiphone les paul custom in white
Yamaha FG730s
The Tweak-O fuzz pedal
My classic rock station plays Floyd to Zeppelin to Judas Priest to Guns n Roses, and sometimes Nirvana.
Quote by highvoltage66
so whats this pink floyd guy's middle name anyway?
no problem with my classic rock station with modern rock......though i wish they would play some Jeff Beck, i only heard one of his songs ever! total drag
'Music is the best"
Zappa
My classic rock station plays strictly classic rock, but only a handful of these bands actually get airplay.

Led Zeppelin, CCR, AC/DC, Rolling Stones.

Thats about it. No joke. I sometimes wish that they did play some modern rock on this station because I, personally, get tired of hearing 'Rock And Roll', 'Back in Black', and 'Start Me Up' all the time. But thats why there are other stations on FM radio to choose from, and i usually find myself changing the channel.
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
no problem with my classic rock station with modern rock......though i wish they would play some Jeff Beck, i only heard one of his songs ever! total drag

The only Jeff Beck songs I hear are Freeway Jam (played during the traffic report ) and every now and then Beck's Bolero.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR