Looking at it now. It comes either with 2x12's or 4x10's. They're both 60 watts. What's the difference? I would think that the 4x10's would be better. But I really have no idea. Suggestions please.
4x10 FTW!!!
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
4x10 is heavier, but has punchier mids, and when I compared all three amps, the 4x10 sounded fuller than the 2x12. Both 60 watt versions are great though.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Like Reincaster said the 4X10 will weigh more and have punchier mids, but the 2X12 will weigh less. It really just comes down to that, because otherwise, from my experience, there are no other differences.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I don't own one, but I've been checking them out myself. I personally like the 2x12. I think when a lot of speakers are involved it takes away some of the good tone. But both are basically the same and will serve you well.
Gear:

Gibson Faded SG Special
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12
Taylor 110 Acoustic
Quote by I am the Drake
What's the difference?

Personal taste.

The 10's will be punchier, with a split-second faster attack to them, while the 12's have a little more fullness to them. A little rounder sound. The number of 10's pretty much makes up that difference, though.

If you find you don't really have a preference when trying the two amps, I tend to suggest the 2x12. It's lighter, as stated, and it's also a lot easier and cheaper to change out the speakers down the road if that's something you think you might ever want to do. A lot more options in 12" speakers over 10's, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thanks for all of your help. I'm hoping to save up enough for it by the end of the year. If there is anything else that I need to know about please don't hesitate to say anything.
Actually, I just looked up the specs.

The 4x10 is actually LIGHTER than the 2x12. The 4x10 is 50 lbs and an inch taller, but the 2x12 is 54lbs and a couple inches wider.

I played out of both again. I think they both sound pretty much the same. Go with whatever you prefer.

However, guitar center and musicians friend now sell the 4x10 version in a brown w/oxblood grill color. I think it looks a lot better than the blackface, so I think that might be the one I'm purchasing.

But again, its up to you.
Gear:

Gibson Faded SG Special
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12
Taylor 110 Acoustic
Quote by patrickhatt
Actually, I just looked up the specs.

The 4x10 is actually LIGHTER than the 2x12. The 4x10 is 50 lbs and an inch taller, but the 2x12 is 54lbs and a couple inches wider.

I played out of both again. I think they both sound pretty much the same. Go with whatever you prefer.

However, guitar center and musicians friend now sell the 4x10 version in a brown w/oxblood grill color. I think it looks a lot better than the blackface, so I think that might be the one I'm purchasing.

But again, its up to you.

Yes, the 4x10 is lighter, but in terms of moving the actual amp, it's abit tougher than the 2x12.
Think of them like cabs and combo's. I know of 4x12's that are lighter than 2x12 combo's but the 4x12 is a bit more difficult to move because of it's size, best carried by two people. Also, the extra 2 inches in height can make a bigdifference when loading it into a car, if you don't have a van.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Jul 22, 2008,