Hey guys im sure there are hundreds of painting threads but ive read through most pages and i just cant get it right if anyone could help me by just giving a step by step of how to paint it and make it look good I this post is annoying ill close it sorry but help is much appreciateted thank you!!!
Sand, sand in finer grit, primer (if you want), sand, sand finer grit, paint, sand, paint, sand, finish, sand, finish.
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
Do you sand by hand or use one of the electric small mouse sanders

By the way thank you again you've been alot of help Oh also How long is the time spand for this project ??thanks!
Preference. I dunno. I'm using the info that I've seen in all the build reports and how-to threads from Stewmac and here. Quite repetitive, actually.
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
haha k cause Ive youtube it google it search about ever thread on here and ask people I tried today and it just isnt coming out like i thought but thanks
1. remove absolutely all paint from the guitar
-can be done with sand paper, paint stripper, heat gun, or a combination or the three
2.sand down to a smooth surface with progressively finer grits
2b. some folks use sanding sealer before the primer. i dont.
3.spray a coat or two of primer.
4.wet sand with fine grit
5.color coats, wet sanding lightly inbetween coats to get a good surface
6. clear coats, and let dry for a while

on the guitar i just built i used Rustoleum multipurpose spray
topped with Rusto clear coat
ive seen Krylon indoor/outdoor used
ive also seen automotive paints used
a common clear coat is DEFT, but even though its a nice clear coat, it can often react badly with your paint, depending on the forumal. always test spray a piece of wood with your paints to be sure
haha thanks thats pretty much what i needed haha basically something i can print out and follow step buy step Thanks guys anything else??