Tommorow I'm going to go over to a gas station/tim hortons, get an application and hopefully get a job there.

If their full, i plan on trying a few more places (there's another timmys down the road). If neither I'll try a mcdonalds or something.

I'm 14, any tips if I do get the job?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Government taxes are gonna rape your paycheck.

That is why I work under the counter as a private teacher for cello and guitar
Do u live in the U.S.? I think you can't get a job at a gas station until you're 21

EDIT Whoops sorry, you're in canada.
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
Quote by gu1tarman

One of my friends does that, he's 19 and can't get a job so he works as a 'secret' pizza delivery man, but the pay is cheap and he pays for his own gas

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
aghh!! timmies! beware.. i used to work there and it was kinda ****ty, for what we were paid anyways
Dont screw up!

yea, but seriously just present your self nice.
Nudedragon fan.
Last edited by Coldiscool at Jul 11, 2008,
you can get a job at 14 in Canada? **** I wish I lived there when I was 14. Well the first tip you need is to show them theyre the kind of worker they want for their store.. look at them in the eye, firm handshake, talk about how awesome you are and how awesome the store is, talk about yourself and family, and smile. Than if you do get the job just follow the rules, and ask alot of questions to managers and coworkers so you dont screw up alot.

good luck.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by porker
aghh!! timmies! beware.. i used to work there and it was kinda ****ty, for what we were paid anyways

As long as its above minimum wage its fine, I have money for my minor expenses but if I ever need something over 40$ I have to save up for a month or so then I would be dry for a while too

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
14 year olds can work at gas stations in Canada? That's kind of strange.

Tomorrow I'm starting my 3rd Job. My first Job, I shelved books for a library, my second, I watered flowers, and this one I'm going to be working at Dairy Queen. If this trend continues, I'll be working in a sweatshop in the near future.
Quote by METALLICAFAN77
I'm starting my job tommorow as well. At sonic. wish me luck!

"I hate everyone"

I hope you arent taking orders lol. Theres a ton of ****ty customers at fast food places.

Oh yeah I just started working at Pizza Hut last week. Everythings gone smooth, I love it there. I've messed up quite a few times but i'm new so who cares lol.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by gu1tarman

oh how i love working under the table. i work for a moveing company and it pays damn well. kinda had too though cus there isnt **** in michigan (or my area) for jobs.
tell them you'll kidnap them and take them to a remote island in the middle of nowhere if they don't give you a job
Quote by Snuffles
As long as its above minimum wage its fine, I have money for my minor expenses but if I ever need something over 40$ I have to save up for a month or so then I would be dry for a while too

well then good luck bud, hope things go well for you
Just follow the "Don't be a douche" rule.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Ok, unless you're applying as a lawyer in some law firm, no one gives a **** about anything. Act like yourself, cause chances are the manager is a normal everyday person. In my first interview, I tried to be all professional like you, I had literally nothing on my resume, the only thing that wasn't my hobbies/other bull**** was one previous job experience picking fricking blueberries, they hired me on the spot, they knew it would be a first job, and were cool with that.

My manager (person who hired me) was making fun of employees called them crack heads, and talking about my blueberry jobs saying the Italian woman could pick blueberries like crazy, and this wasn't a crappy old place. It was a unionized grocery store, not one person there (not even the owner) acted 'professional'. And that's where there's a union. You applying at Tim Hortons. If they call you for an interview, I will guarantee you get the job. Places like that get so many applications, they won't waste time interviewing 50 people, if you get one, you got the job.
I have ne previous job expirence though except for paperboy...

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!