Page 1 of 3
if you were to catch your kid with drugs how would you punish them. i got 11 months till im 18. essentially saying teenagehood is a one shot deal. and i just talked to a kid and his parents moved to a new town to get him away. little extreme? idk, i wanna hear it from a parents POV
Just found out yesterday I might become a daddy ( ) so I guess I'll share my thoughts. I'd take the drugs from him and then try to talk to him about it I guess. I'm not sure how exactly I'd "punish" him other than grounding him.
Last edited by mrcrono at Jul 11, 2008,
the first time I got busted with a little ganj I was grounded for a few weeks.
my parents both smoke alot of pot, so when i used to get high i'd just pinch from their ounces under their beds. luckily for me, i've grown out of it after 4 or 5 years, they are still going strong
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
My mom said she didn't mind if I smoked weed. My cigarettes were there too and she told me to make sure I bought fresh ones cause they smelled stale.

Boomhauer.... that is terrible
I'm not a parent but i'll answer anyway.

I'd take away their weed and ground the **** out of them.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
STAY out of my pot! buy your own!

Nah, hell ,I smoke out with my niece I'd rather her smoke at my house than out somewhere getting hassled.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
My mom said she didn't mind if I smoked weed. My cigarettes were there too and she told me to make sure I bought fresh ones cause they smelled stale.

*reads post*

*looks at username*

*reads post*

*looks at username*

I had a long talk with my mom about weed a few days ago. She said she understood that i was a teenager and id be tempted to experiment with those sorts of things. She did it when she was younger so she knew where i was coming from. She said she is dissapointed that i do it but other than that she hasnt said anything else.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by doggy_hat
I know, what kind of parent is OK with cigarettes?

Mine kno I smoke...my dad dosen't really like me smoking
However my mom dosen't mind and has let it slip a few times that she smoked when she was young
Well, my parents know, that as a teen, they have no control over me or what I do, not saying I don't have respect, they just let me make my own decisions.

Some good, many bad. But that's life. Where they will go when they start drugs is anyone's guess, you can never tell. For me, I always said, Weed Is All You Need, if you are gonna do any drugs. (Stay away from tylenol, more deaths related to this stuff than alcohol and drugs/illegal drugs combined)

The didn't approve of my tok'n some electric lettuce. There rule was, I don't wanna smell it or see it! Good enough for me! Now that I have graduated college, that phase of my life is over, as it was just a phase, but I can consider myself lucky considering where drug abuse can lead.
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
When my parents caught me smoking dope in the 9th grade...they were just really disappointed in me. Honestly thats even worse than being punished.
Quote by TempoTantrum
my parents both smoke alot of pot, so when i used to get high i'd just pinch from their ounces under their beds. luckily for me, i've grown out of it after 4 or 5 years, they are still going strong

Kind of sad.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
My mom would probably ground me for a week, my dad was cool about it though, he just told me 'if you're going to do it, make sure there are some sober people there to keep control, and don't over do it, use common sense' That was about weed though, if I did like heroin they'd literally kill me.
Quote by TheHamburglar
Well if you were caught with weed I'd make you smoke, smoke, smoke until you eat everything in the house and get an extremely bad stomach cramp.

If it were hard drugs I'd make you keep doing it until you overdosed and had to stay in a hospital.

J/k

Why do you keep saying teenagehood is a one shot deal? I think being an adult is a one shot deal because you can goto jail.

Whatever you got caught, you got punished, I'm sure it's happened before for other things you did wrong..it will pass by...LIVE WITH IT.

i swear to anything u want me to swear to i never have gotten grounded for anything before. the only other time i cant think of getting in trouble is being late for curfew.
and being a minor, teenager, kid, this is when ur supposed to mess up and learn so when u are an adult u get it that there are consequences. getting and insane punishment now is just gonna distort my judgement and want to piss off my parents as much as i can now. and also, from a kids point of view that punishment is total bull****.
taking away my last summer and senior year till april.
Quote by Lastin
The didn't approve of my tok'n some electric lettuce. There rule was, I don't wanna smell it or see it! Good enough for me! Now that I have graduated college, that phase of my life is over, as it was just a phase, but I can consider myself lucky considering where drug abuse can lead.

electric lettuce.

Also I'm not a parent but if my hypothetical kid smoked weed I wouldn't mind unless he became a burnout. I think weed is fine in moderation.
and i got the whole dissappointment thing to rather than yelling at me. it sucked, the grounding till 18 was the icing on the cake. really, i was expecting a long grounding, like a month or two. but with what they gave me its just gonna make me despise them.
Quote by newscreename491
and i got the whole dissappointment thing to rather than yelling at me. it sucked, the grounding till 18 was the icing on the cake. really, i was expecting a long grounding, like a month or two. but with what they gave me its just gonna make me despise them.

Waait?...how long are u actually grounded for??...months wise??
Quote by Gmen80592
Waait?...how long are u actually grounded for??...months wise??

till im 18. so april.
Quote by newscreename491
till im 18. so april.

WOW!...thats redic...
I've never heard of a grounding that long...
A solid 8-9-10 months....I think thats a lil bit over the top IMO!!
thats what i said, but all these are kids opinions. i need to go on dr phil or some **** and set parents straight.
Quote by newscreename491
thats what i said, but all these are kids opinions. i need to go on dr phil or some **** and set parents straight.

I'm 37. And thats bull sh!t ! how the fuk you gonna ground your kid for 9 months. ? get over it allready! I should give em some realy strong couch-lock indica to chill em out...........
Quote by Peter Griffin
I'm 37. And thats bull sh!t ! how the fuk you gonna ground your kid for 9 months. ? get over it allready! I should give em some realy strong couch-lock indica to chill em out...........

right... couch lock pop indiccy wiccky.... haha. what is that?
Indica is bud from a male plant that gives you a strong body high and heavyness. Sativa is the female plant that will give you a speedier more mental high.
I'm a Dad. If my kids were smokin pot I'd have a talk. I can't be too hard cause I smoke recreational (i.e. two or three times a year tops).

If they were smoking cigarettes I'd kick their freakin asses!! Any harder drugs would be a different story altogether it would be pretty heavy punishment and yeah if they were in with the wrong crowd and experimenting with hard drugs I would consider moving towns and getting them to take regular tests. I'm lucky though my daughter is an angel she has never swore in her life and won't even swear when I tell her to just once.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
won't even swear when I tell her to

what
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by IamGod 666
Indica is bud from a male plant that gives you a strong body high and heavyness. Sativa is the female plant that will give you a speedier more mental high.

There isn't a single factual statement in the above quote.

I think some parents have way too extreme a reaction to cannabis smoking. Then again, some other parents need to wake up and see that their kid is turning into a giant douche (unrelated to drug use, but sometimes drugs complicate things) and do something about it.

I wish the attitude towards drugs wasn't so screwed in general, but especially in the US. If everyone wasn't scared to death and freaking out about them maybe we could have actual proper education provided on the subject so some people could use responsibly and others can stay away for the right reasons.

Never got caught by my parents, but they found out at some point via other means. Wasn't a problem, either for me or for them. Sometimes cannabis smoking gets to be troublesome and I need to take a step back, but learning moderation and responsible use is all part of the package. The fact that some parents severely punish kids who are responsible users while others don't do anything to extremely irresponsible users is quite perturbing.
Quote by archangels666
*reads post*

*looks at username*

*reads post*

*looks at username*

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by archangels666
*reads post*

*looks at username*

*reads post*

*looks at username*

:O r u thinking what im thinking
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by IamGod 666
Indica is bud from a male plant

Uh, male plants dont bud.... trust me ,I know.
"No Pills, No Powder"

I don't care what my kid does as long as he is (or she) is not getting ****ed up on tweak and havin sex all the time.

I wouldn't ground them, that's just pathetic, and LAZY.

I would sit down and talk with them and be like "what the **** do you think you're doing? Do you want to become a homeless piece of **** living in a dumpster, begging for change when you could have just gotten a job and stayed thru school and done whatever the **** you wanted to in your own home?"
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
With the knowledge that drugs aren't an absolute evil (unless we're talking coke, crack, meth, herion, etc), I think I'd be fine with my kids experimenting moderately. **** I wouldn't even mind if they were cannabis smokers just because highschool really is a bitch.

Seriously though, you have to be your kid's friend. I'd probably tell my kid when he/she got a certain age that if they ever felt like trying something to ask me about it first. I'd proceed to tell them the facts about said drug, including all the dangers. If my kid started acting off, I'd definately talk to them.

Plus, ****ed up kids were usually left in the dark their whole lives. If you just let your kid think for themselves and let them figure **** out on their own, chances are they'll have the reasoning ability to say no to the likes of crack cocaine.
Page 1 of 3