So ive had some close calls of dropping my guitar so i thought i would invest in strap locks. But the problem is i dont want to drill new holes in my guitar.

So heres my question.

Do i have to drill holes for strap locks or Dimarzio Clip Lock?
Whats the best Stap lock brand?
Strap locks or DiMarzio Cliplock?

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and an epiphone Sg G-400 Custom.
For both of those you won't have to drill new holes, but you will have to take out the old screws and put new ones in.

For strap locks, I think the best is Schaller, Dunlops are ridiculously overpriced and no better quality. Fender also make an exactl copy of the Schaller design which is about $5 cheaper.

As for clip-locks, I love em. They are rock solid and don't cause the slight rattle that strap locks can when tension is off the strap.
i've got schaller strap locks. i dont do guitar flips or anything but i do get some serious movement going on stage and ive never been close to losing my guitar.

all you do is unscrew your current strap buttons and screw the strap lock buttons in, then you put the other part onto your strap. very simple, no permanent modifications to anything.

schaller are great bang for buck, the clip locks work well but it means you have to use the crappy strap. with my strap locks i got to keep my nice thick leather strap
I suppose its a matter of if you like the Dimarzio straps, they are plain compared to some other offerings. With other brands straplocks you can pick and choose which strap to use.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I used to use schallers, but switched to Dimarzio clip locks after a breaking levy's strap sent my guitar plummeting into the stage at a show. I tried those Kepur straps, but they were horribly uncomfortable. The Dimarzio ones are excellent though
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
the screws that came with my schaller strap locks is smaller than the ones in my current guitar strap button so I can't get it as tight as I like, any suggestions? I'm playing an Epiphone les paul if it matters
Break a match or a toothpick in a few pieces and put them in the hole together with some wood glue, then screw the strap lock in. That should keep it tight
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The strap that i have I've taken it off 2 times and it's already coming apart. i just got it and it's a leather one, would clips or locks make it so i can take my strap off easily?
I've owned Schaller and Dunlop straplocks, and personally I like the Dunlop ones better. The Schaller locks can sometimes fool you into thinking that they're secure--ALWAYS give it a pull to see if they're fastened. I've had two guitars "fall out" of the strap lock. One broke my pinky toe haha.

Schaller locks have to be slid into place from the side, whereas the dunlop ones are pushed into the barrel. I've grown to like the dunlop ones more after playing with both for a couple years. I've got them on all of my guitars now.
Straplocks seem far more secure, but aren't practical if you take your strap off alot by the look of things.
get the cliplok.

its the only strap you will ever need and all you have to do is replace the screws.

works like a charm
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by JessicaGonzo
So ive had some close calls of dropping my guitar so i thought i would invest in strap locks. But the problem is i dont want to drill new holes in my guitar.

So heres my question.

Do i have to drill holes for strap locks or Dimarzio Clip Lock?
Whats the best Stap lock brand?
Strap locks or DiMarzio Cliplock?

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and an epiphone Sg G-400 Custom.

I use dunlop straplocks for my Epi LP, my Epi SG has been dropped and smashed up sooo many times that putting a straplock on it would be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I tried to use the original EPi screws to attach the dunlop straptlock, but the rear one snapped as soon as I tried it.

So, for an EPI LP, I would get the dunlop one, use the existing holes but make them ever-so-slightly bigger - best fiver I ever spent.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Grab some Schaller's and no just replace the screw (don't worry the screw comes with the straplocks)
Oh Hey look at my signature
Quote by marshmellow666
dunlop strap lock!! you dont have to drill a hole you just replace the screw!

dunlop!

those things are like an airfix kit to assemble

schaller all the way
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by marshmellow666
dunlop strap lock!! you dont have to drill a hole you just replace the screw!

dunlop!

+1

I have these on every guitar I own.